Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
90 minutes

Still unconfirmed yet but I might be on 90 minutes with Jim Spence tonight so keep your ears open

Re: 90 minutes

Spoke to jim Spence he can't get hold of DB to get him on the show, (he's off his work and not answering his mobile..) I explained the situation with Dave Marshall's resignation from the board and put Jim Spence in touch with him so the protests will be covered on tonights programme which starts at 6.05pm I believe

Jim Spence will phone me at 6.45. I hope I can say the right things,I will do my best.Also doing an interview with Kingdom FM tomorrow.

Let's try send in a few emithers during the show to arm Jim with some questions for Igor and Dave and hopefully arm any journalist guests (Gordon Waddell or the like) with information they might choose to use in any articles.

Good luck Davie

Good luck guys!

I DON,T KNOW HOW MANY ITMES I READ ON THIS SITE THAT BROWN IS OFF HIS WORK, AS A TAX PAYER IT CONCERNS ME THAT A COUNCIL EMPLOYEE WHO IS REGULARLY ABSENT, ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE HEALTHY ENOUGH TO ATTEND TRAINING SESSIONS ON TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS. AND ALSO FIT ENOUGH TO ATTEND ALL GAMES ON A SATURDAY . SACK THE TWAT!

Good luck Dave! Get torn into that shite! Brown not Spence!!

Are you going to be on Igor?

I am on standby but I doubt it, i'll let Davie do the talking

what radio station is it on

BBC Radio Scotland

Anyone around please send in a few emails.

Highlight the fake attendences Derrick gives to the papers as well

Good piece Dave.

Wonder how Graham Spiers first ever match was at Bayview, EF v Aberdeen?

Excellent performance Davie, well done!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/scotland.shtml

For anyone that missed the bit on Radio Scotland, cut and paste this link, and after the show you can click on listen again for tuesdays show.

Bout 45 minutes into the programme

Just heard the piece on the show. Good stuff, at least it shows if you are persistent the media do take notice of the "smaller" clubs.

I liked the comparison between 15500 for game against Dundee down to 257 for Saturdays game. Shows just how low we've plummeted.

Care to have a rethink on your position now Derrick, or are you waiting to see the pipe band on Saturday before you step down?

What a missed opportunity. I did not hear any of the relevant points that would have made people take notice of what is going on. It sounded like: we're not happy, we don't like Derrick Brown, we're not happy, we can't really explain why, but we're not happy.

What about the fact that our attendances are 10 per cent of what they were when Brown took over? The massaged figures for recent games? Bull-dozing the mound? The constant attacks on supporters? His proxy from a schoolgirl? His power on the SFA (Rix)? Turning down cash from East Fife fans then inviting a Raith Rovers reject on to the board? I'm a bigger fan than you are - even though I was a director of Cowdenbeath? The continual lies? The season ticket holders who have handed their books back - and were ignored? The alienated business community? The worst league position in our history? Appointing his wife to the board of directors?

We've been on 90 Minutes on Radio Scotland twice now, and I have to say that we have still not got the message over. National publicity is very very welcome but it did not make great radio. Igor, step forward please. Take the microphone.

There wasn't alot of time on the show so Davie has done well, we will keep pushing our cause in the face of the media though and I am sure we will get more opportunities to go into detail on the subjects you brought up. Hopefully there will be some reporters there on Saturday that will be interested in talking to the fans.

Another kick in the balls for Derrick tonight, another nail in his coffin. If he plans on hanging around then this is only the beggining.

Au come on listener,it must ov been hard enough being on the radio,never mind remembering things ti say.The importent thing is,that the public now know whats going on.Hopefully in the weeks to come, EVERY issue will be known,to every one willing to read or hear it!!!!!

I would agree with some of what you have to say "Listener" but Dave was nervous and maybe he would view the situation as a whole differently to you.

I would also say, Graham Spiers is a west coast journalist so would not be as well-informed to ask the best questions of Dave.

I wasn't invited on radio, I doubt I'd do as well as Dave but it's about everyone doing their best. So perhaps you'd like to take your points to the press too.

From experience, when the Trust managed to get 15 seconds on 90 minutes you are simply kept on hold. There is no opportunity to explain your grievance nor are you briefed on what will be asked and you are on and off exactly when they say.
Well done Dave,good publicity. That is one position in which no criticism is justified

"you are not briefed on what will be asked"Nay wonder Broon wouldn'y gan on.

I thought I was to be on as a back up for Matthew to explain why I resigned.There was no one more surprised than me when the questions kept coming.I speak as i feel and thats what I did. One things for sure, they were not going to give the time I needed to list Derrick,s crimes.As The Other Chairman said they control everything,that is the only way it can work.

Well done Dave and also credit to Igor,who has been brilliant all through this campaign.
Don`t know about everyone else,but I get the feeling that the tide is about to turn and we can all return to New Bayview to support OUR team.

Saturday is a big day and hopefully we can get the publicity to help rid us of the Cancer that is Derrick Brown.

Aye, well done Dave!

It's a start and we can keep pressing for more air time. Our foot is in the door as they say

Excellent piece, may not go into detail about Brown' s crimes but within the short timeframe offered Dave painted a perfect picture of Brown! Other issues raised were the attendance, the protest and the march.

Can I suggest we all chip in for some Glenmorangie because hopefully there would be a hella lot more interviews to come...unless Brown does the right thing and goes back to the soap dodgers!!

Well done Dave and Igor.