Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Meeting on Thu??

Is there a meeting on thursday this week, or have I got my weeks mixed up?

Re: Meeting on Thu??

Yeah there is. 7pm at the Wellesley Inn.

Going to put an item in the news section about it but have been having trouble with my FTP, but will hopefully be up tonight.

Do many people actually know about this?, I recall it being mentioned at the end of the Trust meeting, but not many folk will know

Will be in the EFM tomorow i'd imagine.

No place on here for sectarianism GoF!!

BoB Malcolm is into computers as well, he got vilified for writing the abbreviation of file transfer protocol

Ah so that's what it means.

The meeting on Thurday and the protest march on Saturday were mentioned in an article in todays Courier.Almost certainly in the EFM in the morning.

Davy your spelling is still crap, but we forgive ye.

It is not my spelling that,s crap, it,s my computer skills.

Please call Ralph on 01592 712600 to make sure he remembers.

Who is John Steele?

John is a concerned supporter like the rest of us who would like to see the supporters taking the Club forward with an united voice and has been talking with the Trust,the Young Fifers and Supporters Club for some months now.Contrary to press reports it was John who organised tomorrow,s meeting and not me.I only agreed to chair it.Thanks John

Will there be cakes and sandwiches?

Will that nice barmaid be serving behind the bar?

U think my wife is nice?

John has indeed been in touch with all factions of supporters of East Fife. The Supporters' Trust, Club and the Young Fifers have met together to move forward as one to help support each other as supporters of EFFC. Obviously there is a barrier in the way at the moment to hinder the ultimate aim but this won't be forever and we will be supporters of a good club once again.

Fans United Will Never Be Defeated.

Is this a trust meeting or a general meeting about the protest

The meeting is a general meeting to discuss the way forward and to try and unite all groups behind some focussed plans to get the club back onto the right road again.

Apologies for not being able to get the news item up guys, but hopefully this sticky will keep the meeting in people's minds.

I'm not going to be able to attend now as I'm having to work till 7, but would be grateful for any feedback from it to put up on the site.

Cheers

I think we would all agree that we are a club in some sort of crisis.We need to have an open debate and an expression of differing opinions(if any)on how to solve that crisis.If we can leave with an agreed common agenda then we can start the club on the road to recovery.We have to believe we can do it folks.

Erm,
would that be the same John Steele who has been spotted at one East Fife game since Steve Archibald left? (the promotion decider v Queens Park)

Not knocking the guy,the more the merrier etc.

Aye, we need as many of the old fans back as possible. Get as many people as you can for tomorrow. Will there be cakes and sandwiches on the march?