Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
radio star

Well done Dave on your radio performance, you sounded nervous

Re: radio star

Great publicity for our cause, when is the Kingdom FM interview Davie? Will it be aired live?

A bag of nerves due to hanging on to the end of the phone too long and the desire to say the right thing .I am naturally nervous with public speaking,I am better on the end of a mike with some Glenmorangie inside me.Still it is the message that counts and not the messenger.I dont know when the Kingdom Fm one goes out as yet.I thought you were going to be on tonight as well,Matthew?Did you see the article in today,s Courier?

Dave
Excellent performance. All the main points covered. Good to see continued media interest in the smaler teams.

Well done Dave you were great.

How far through the broadcast is it? If DB missed it, he can always listen again at www.bbc.co.uk/radio

The bit with Dave is 45 mins into the broadcast.

Well done Dave a very good performance.

Never heard you on the radio Davy but read the article in the "Courier". Good publicity. What's your intentions for Saturday, mound or ground? It doesn't matter which as you're now a thorn in the barstewards side. Must be a good chance of 100 dissenters on the mound on Saturday, would be nice though if another 100 or so could be led out with twenty minutes or so of the game left. Just think of it Davy Marshall, The Pied Piper of New Bayview. Crispian St. Peters would probably write a song about it, or alternatively Caroline could put it on as you leave the ground.

superb davie

Dave did very well given the time allocated to him and the rapid fire nature of the questions.
Spiersy (a journo I admire) must have been at Bayview between 1972 and 1973 when East Fife played Aberdeen on five occasions. The two sides haven't met since at Methil. It could, of course, have been the Dryburgh Cup tie in July 1971.
The last meeting before that was the famous cup replay in 1965 when Geordie Dewar scored the winner...

Well done Dave. I Just listened to the replay on my return. You put our points across well.