Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Little Brown Book

I'm thinking of putting together a collection of DB's idiocies over the years and calling it The Little Brown Book. Older readers may remember Mao Tse Tung's Little Red Book and Colonel Gaddafi's Little Green Book!

If you've any stories about DB that you think couild entertain/enrage folk then email them to me at the above address.

No sources will be identified and I'll take responsibility for the legal and printing side. I'll also try to get suitable material a wider audience in the meehja.

Anyone who has actual quotations from DB is especially welcome - the Arbroath "interview" is a fine example of that!

It could also be a wee fundraiser for the campaign.

As an example I believe there's the wonderful tale of how DB wanted to stop providing towels to the players on the grounds that they might spread HIV.

These are my own views and do not in any way represent anything the Trust or any other organised group of people in the universe might think.
They should most certainly not be taken as a criticism of Mr Brown or any of his relatives, EFFC Board members, friends (?), acquaintances, fellow SFA blazer wearers or Fife Council

Re: Little Brown Book

was told by DB'My door is always open- phone me first'

Some classics at the meeting last night but wont post it here right now incase I get anyone into trouble!

Never other peoples what about your own, they could make a collection on their own ?. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right and it's at the publisher now.
For an advance copy just send me a blank cheque payable to Lord Clarke of Civilisation Ltd.

Brown has got a little blue book - that's where he writes down all the incidents during a game. Time, incident, perpretator....

... why???

He still thinks he is a referee. It makes sense. After all look at the picture of him in the stand at Arbroath brandishing the red card. He's obviously just sent someone off.

I remember at the East Fife v Hearts centenary match, Derrick stood out on the park and introduced the former players with a microphone. When he came to John McGarrity, he announced that as well as being an East Fife goalkeeper from the 1920's, John and his wife were Scotland's oldest married couple. Listening to the announcement as he waited in the tunnel area, John McGarrity turned to the guy standing next to him and said "Eh? I was a goalkeeper in the early 1950's and I haven't even had my Golden wedding yet. And he's got my wife's name wrong too!"
Turns out JDB thought he was introducing John Bernard, not John McGarrity. John Bernard wasn't even invited!

With regard to John McGarrity, his neighbour has told me that he is currently in hospital - I believe it's old age catching up with him.