Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Derrick supporter spotted

Who was the asshole in the third row from the front wearing the navy anorak trimmed on the inside with green. He actually stood up and shook Derrick's hand as he walked up the terracing steps at the start of the game. Must have been MacDuff, surely there can't be more than one Derrick supporter. If there are any more post here!!

Re: Derrick supporter spotted

Take it you sat in the ground next to the Derek??

Na,"deeper" wiz "twitching" on the mound!!!!

Steady Goony my cover could be blown. Don't tell them I was using your binoculars.

Who is MacDuff?

I think one elderly "gent" gave us the fingers as we were walking out of harbour view after the game, other than that, not aware of any support for DB.

BROWN ACTUALLY TOOK STICK FROM THE MAJORITY IN THE GROUND, WHO JOINED IN WITH THE MOUND, CHANTING "BROWN OUT" AND BOOING HIM EVERY TIME HE MOVED. WHAT ABOUT FOR THE LAST HOME GAME,GET EVERYBODY IN THE GROUND , AND GET AS CLOSE TO BROWN AS POSSIBLE, AND GIVE HIM 90 MINUTES OF HELL!

There was one old lad (well older than me) who "offered me out" as I walked to the entrance from the mound. Apparently he did not agree with our stance.
Words were exchanged but I would never have resorted to fisticuffs as I am a firm believer in knowing the opposition's strengths in detail before committing.
Saying that if he tries it again I will call lodly for Stevie Gates>

The "asshole" in the third row was actually there to look after some of the young supporters who were there to watch the game. He didn't shake hands with DB, only handed him the entrance money from the youngsters. Flesh never met flesh. He was only doing this because the normal people were otherwise engaged.

ok my mistake, accept my humble apology

No problem.
No harm done.

p.s.

That's my favourite jacket you are talking about

"That's my favourite jacket".
Love it!

Aye there's no accounting for taste eh? Only joking, looked quite a snug fit.

There was another one present though. As I had been denied a pie on the mound ( well not denied actually just everbody ate them when I wasn't there) I went to buy one, I asked the ex Vice chair of the Trust if he would purchase one for me (with my money) Couldn't believed he refused, suppose it would have affected his voluntary position as stadium gruppenfuhrer if he was deemed to be helping the enemy. Deek must have that effect on his lackies

Wasn't quite as snug when I bought it.
Wife has just put it in the bin.
Thanks!!

Martin

I remember asking a university professor what made him laugh: "mans' inhumanity to man" was the reply.

I am minded of your conversation today with Alan.

Martin

Thats unreal, what a jumped up little man.

Mind you, as one well known protestor mentioned yesterday regarding Mr Alan Henderson, he is an unusual case in that he is a "rat joining a sinking ship"

Add this to his savage - haha - attack on Gof at the Trust meeting.

Anyone remember I think it was Dennis Skinner commenting on Geoffrey Howe - "like being savaged by a dead sheep"

Wonder if he reads this board, Prat.

What a bloody moron

As a casual observer of this forum, I just wondered if the fans are really interested in the football, your "team" beat the top of Div 3 yesterday, but I have hardly seen anything that says the guys played well or that they are the most important aspect of "your" club, if I was a player I suppose I would be a bit fed-up that the fans are no-where to be seen when the ball goes in the back of the net. OK you may have been outside the ground but is it football you guys want or is it just to get a one over on anyone that is connected with the board of EF

Aye who are you to criticize us? Did you not hear us cheer when we scored. The players did and acknowledged our presence. If you like Brown, get him to be chairman of your club. PLEASE !!!

Hello Derrick

Nice to see your internet is working

Do that dickhead who is insinuating that the protesters are not fans and that this is all somehow trivial and purely down to results.

Why do you think people are protesting you fucking arsehole ??????? Don't dare come on this board and spout fucking shite like that. People are resigning from the board, getting their cars vandalised, standing on a wee hill, marching etc and you think it's all for a laugh.

It's a good job this site doesn't show IP addresses

I thought Derrick didn't read the forums.

He doesn't, he gets his son to read them for him.

Don't worry Who Am I, the supporters can be seen by the players no problem at all.

As a matter of fact, we too wish that all we had to talk about was the players and results etc. Unfortunately, because we care, we have other business to attend to. Don't worry though, it won't be for much longer then normal business will resume.

What a jumped up little prat Alan Henderson is.

BTW,did he have his "surgical shoes" on again?

Alan and his son Gordon were seen being led through to the players tunnel!

I know both read this! both are a disgrace supporting Brown! Your time will come!

It's a great shame that a couple of supporters put personal gain and wee perks in front of the future of our club, they should be ashamed of themselves compromising the hard work of our campaign and boot licking the man we are working hard to get rid of which will restore normality at the club.

I notice neither of them bothered to come on Thursday, are they too good for us?

They think that they are too good for us.Personally don`t have much time for Alan,as he has always come across as an arrogant know all.A perfect case of Small Man Syndrome.
His attempted and failed attack on GOF just confirmed my thoughts and I still can`t believe he had a calculator at the last Trust meeting.

I would not put personal perks ahead of the future of the club and I certainly don't think that I'm 'too good' for the protestors. I have absolutely no problem with the protestors just because they are protesting and doing what they feel is right but it's pretty poor when a minority continue to criticise me and my dad on here.

I have no desire to aim personal attacks at Gordon and Alan, they've been good supporters to the club over the years. Why should they be looked upon by the protesters any differently from the other fans who enter the stadium? People can do what they like, it's their money.

So Gordon, might you try to explain why you don't think the protesters are doing the right thing?

Can things improve under the guidance of Derrick Brown? If you honestly believe the answer is "Yes" than that's the end of story, all these people who have directed personal attacks at you should apologise.

Do you get insider information? Who is going to be the new manager? Are there new investors coming in?

Finally, I think you would have enjoyed the spirit of the march, if you did not necessarily agree the principles of it.

I think a lot of misunderstanding and half-truths have led a lot of people to beleive that protests are the best thing for them to do. I think a serious lack of communication on the clubs part have turned a lot of reasonable decent fans against the board and chairman and I think a very small minority are letting their personal views cloud their judgement and are revelling in having a go at everybody they possibley can.

In this situation, I don't think that protests are they way forward, I think the Trust should have persevered with trying to build up a better and acceptable relationship with the club which would have led to better communication between the club and all the fans.

I do honestly beleive that there is a chance for the situation at the club to improve with Derrick Brown as chairman. I genuinely beleive that he has East Fife's interests at heart and is doing his best for the club in what is not an easy situation.

I do not get insider information and I have no position within the club so I don't know 100% what happens and what is going to happen.

I think I probably would have enjoyed the spirit of the march, there looks like a better atmosphere on the mound than there has ever been in New Bayview. However, I'd hardly want to stand beside people who come on here and attack me and my dad, especially when they won't even put their names to their posts.

'In this situation, I don't think that protests are they way forward, I think the Trust should have persevered with trying to build up a better and acceptable relationship with the club which would have led to better communication between the club and all the fans.

I do honestly beleive that there is a chance for the situation at the club to improve with Derrick Brown as chairman. I genuinely beleive that he has East Fife's interests at heart and is doing his best for the club in what is not an easy situation.'

OH MY GAWD. Should the trust have wasted another 18 months on a man like that? Or should they roll over and have there belly tickled whilst broony peed all over them? His own directors don't know what is going on at the club ffs so how is it the trusts fault for no communication taking place?

How the hell is broon gonnae make it better? Feed the methil weans healthy food and make sure the towels are clean to avoid the risk of spreading HIV? Gies a break.

Would you have acceded to Martins perfectly reasonable request on saturday Gordon?.

Personally on the basis of what I have read on here I feel your dad was being petty, if there is some other explanation for this happening, maybe he can explain to us?

As for your response, at least you replied, I think your beliefs are wrong, but its your opinion, tho I would ask, doesnt it stop and make you think when there was one former director on the march, another donated 100 steak pies, and another attended the meeting on Thu night.

All these people wrong and not grasping the vision of Derrick? - come on.

Gordon,

As a protester I feel we are taking action that we never wanted to have to take, but we have been left with no choice and there was a real danger that apathy could have seen our club drift off the map unless action was taken. Right through this protest there has only been one concrete demand we have made, and it is a very just demand, the resignation or removal of Derrick brown as Chairman.

That is not an unrealistic demand, nor is it an unreasonable one. If Derrick had the interests of this club at heart, and we were damaging the club with this protest then he more than anyone has the power to make the decision to end things right now.

Now you say that you think he might have the clubs interests at heart, it’s very possible that that is the case. However, the fact that his track record is simply appalling, combined with the fact that he has absolutely no skills required for such a position – along with the ‘minor issues’ of him making racist and sexist remarks make his position as chairman of OUR club untenable.

I think its unfair to say that a very small minority of fans are in some way “corrupting” supporters and turning them against Brown/the board/the club, give the fans a little more credit than that, nobody is a sheep, people can see what is happening and people have made their minds up that change is required. When such demands cannot be met or negotiated through dialogue then the necessary and logical next step is to take action, like I say its not something any of us wanted but we are not prepared to watch this club go down the tubes because of one incompetent little pratt.

I hope that we are close to reaching a conclusion to this whole scenario, for the good of the club, the players and the fans. The solution is very simple, if Derrick Brown is as big an East Fife supporter as he wants us to think then he should step down right now and prove it.

"OH MY GAWD. Should the trust have wasted another 18 months on a man like that? Or should they roll over and have there belly tickled whilst broony peed all over them? His own directors don't know what is going on at the club ffs so how is it the trusts fault for no communication taking place? "

I'm not putting all the blame on the breakdown of communications (or lack of there ever being any) on the Trust.

"Would you have acceded to Martins perfectly reasonable request on saturday Gordon?.

Personally on the basis of what I have read on here I feel your dad was being petty, if there is some other explanation for this happening, maybe he can explain to us?

As for your response, at least you replied, I think your beliefs are wrong, but its your opinion, tho I would ask, doesnt it stop and make you think when there was one former director on the march, another donated 100 steak pies, and another attended the meeting on Thu night.

All these people wrong and not grasping the vision of Derrick? - come on. "

If somebody asked me to buy a pie for them when they were protesting, I probably would. I don't know Martin, I have no idea how well him and my dad get on and I don't really know wheather my dad's decision not to buy his pie for him was influenced by the slagging he gets on here, if it was, can you really blame him?

If you were to ask my dad why he didn't buy Martin a pie, I'm sure he's tell you. But I'm sure you know that he dosen't read this site all the time and rarely posts, so you'll probably have to ask him in person.

What former or current directors do is up to them, I make decisions based on what I see and what I hear from people who's opinions are unbiased and who I can trust. If something happens to change my opinion, I will be honest enough to admit that I was wrong but, until that happens, I won't and I suppose I'll just have to live with getting sniped at on the internet.

I'm not going to let you put words in my mouth. What people do and what they choose to beleive or not to beleive is entirely up to them. I do beleive that 99% of the people who disagree with me and/or join in the protests are doing so with good intentions and I don't have a problem with that.

Igor, as always, it's difficult to argue against what you've said.

I am not totally pro-Brown or totally anti-Brown. Just because I have no strong feelings on this issue does not mean that I don't care about East Fife.

One thing I will say, if this protest's sole target is Derrick Brown, then maybe protesters should reserve personal attacks for him, he is the Chairman, there is absolutely no point in trying to alienate suporters, who, I assume you would be trying get on your side.

I agree wholeheartedly and do not condone personal attacks on fellow fans, our gripe is with Brown, if we stay focused on that without getting tangled up with animosity then we can achieve this sooner rather than later, and with a more united support at the end of it all.

Gordon,quite agree with some of the comments you have made.
I also feel that you are getting abuse because of who your Dad is.

If we had had a competent Chairman over the last two years we would not be having this debate.There would be no discontent giving rise to protests and marches.Unfortunately Derrick has been neither competent nor willing to become so.To those who say things will improve under his stewardship hmmm-no chance.
We need to get away from bemoaning our fate and plan our future after JDB.

You hit the nail on the head their Davie

Gordon - I used to hold those same hopes. But after meeting with Brown, they soon disappeared.

The fundemental of this situation is that brown doesn't really care what the supporters think ( yes he'll hold meetings - but i sthere ever any outcome!?). He wants everyone to fall into line with his way of thinking. Every day he remains in his position, harms the club. He takes no responsibity for the mess we are in. He values his SFA position and loyalty to his investers above the good of the club and it's supporters.

He must go - and he will go.