Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Have I just been warned

I was in bed watching Match of the Day when I heard a bang outside.Being a nosey sod I took a look out of the window to see my car had been vandalised.Someone has thrown a pot of paint and a half brick at my car. As I live in a cul-de-sac and park right up my driveway and was the only car touched I think I can dismiss a random attack.One of the policeman who came to see me saw me on the march today and has indicated in his report that there may be a connection.I certainly cannot think of any other reason.I truly hope I am wrong.

Re: Have I just been warned

I would presume that the police were aware of you recent history with the club? That is one of the most shocking things I have heard!

Davie. You have my sympathy. If this is in any way related to you having the guts to speak out about the on going issues at EFFC. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I hope they get the Bar Stewards and they get their just rewards

Absolute shocking if this is related to your (sterling) thoughts and actions on behalf of the club.

The use of paint needs planning and suggests that it wasn't just some random ned. Sounds like a desperate and sinister act.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Hope theres no conection Davie. Hope the Polis find something oot fer ye. It might be a way for turning a peiceful protest into something completlly different.

That's pretty shocking Davie.

Would hope it's not connected but can't see you having upset too many people recently as you don't strike me as that kind of guy.

Have to point out to you all though that you can't name anyone you think may be responsible otherwise I'll have to delete or edit your posts.

This doesn't sound like a coincidence I have to agree. Why target one car at the end of a street with paint, not exactly random.

If there is any connection with your speaking out against Derrick recently then this really is a desperate and cowardly thing to do.

The protest yesterday was well organised well attended and well behaved from start to finish and that's the way it will continue untill Derrick is removed from the board of directors.

Hain, Hamilton, McKay and Stevenson get this sorted, get Derrick voted off the board asap, you have the ability to set the wheels in motion, get working on it now.

sorry to hear this Dave I just hope this is not the way anyone wants to fight,if so they will be the real losers in a fight they are losing already

Sorry to hear this davie BANG OUT OF ORDER hope it is not connected but if it is they are going to have to buy a whole lot of paint WERE NO GOING AWAY BROWN

Sorry to hear that Davie, we can only hope there is no connection here but i'm sad to say it wouldn't surprise me. It just goes to show the difference between our own methods which have been legal, good natured and well conducted, if someone opposing us would use these actions to try and scare us off then its a sad day for EFFC.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Of course it might not be linked with anyone at the club. Hope the police can catch whoever did it.

A bit distressing to say the least, how low will some people stoop?
This only further strengthens resolve.

Not long up after late night.
GOF,I would not dream of putting names to my suspicions.I can assure everyone that I have not said boo to the proverbial goose.I would assume that someone has sent me a message.A pointless exercise if the messenger is unable to assume that you have a fairly good idea as to who they may be.I am just totally disappointed that someone has sunk to that level of "debate".

Very sorry to hear about your car Dave, I am sure the police will find the culprit(s) now that their time is not being wasted chasing chickens or answering calls from a paranoid chairman.
Equally hope that this is not the start of use of the seedier tactics by whoever is involved

Dave I wasn't meaning that you were assuming names. It was more referring to a post I had to delete.

Quite a sad state of affairs when things come to this.

Well if someone has sunk to that level they will not win! 150 protestors say otherwise!

Dave this was clearly meant to intimidate you, but don't let them. It just shows the level of vermin we have running our club. You're not the first to be "warned" and you wont be the last.

This is completely out of order. It could only be the perpetrated from one quarter. The police should be able to find those responsible as he doesn't have all that many friends. Even less now I would think. Let's have an even bigger turn out on april 1st when the jester next holds court.

Can I just add my name to the list of people appauled by this act of intimidation. All those involved, shame on you!

Shocking Davy. They're cracking under the ever increasing pressure and can't take it for much longer. Hope the police nail those responsible and the trail leads back to the men who put them up to it. Who's in the frame for this? It's not rocket science, is it, just proving it.

Truly pathetic if thats their idea of debate.

We are winning the good fight folks if this is what they are reduced to.

Did you take any photos Dave, good story for the EFM.

Sorry you had to "tone down" my post this morning Gof,but i have ti agree wi i-10 on hiz post.(most ov u guys prob missed it).Will have to think seriouslly if ,once Broons gone,i continue the protest,even if its by myself.

To do that to someone who had the courage to stand up and be counted when it mattered is a disgrace...

I have to agree Enfifer, I read I_10 post this morning and signs are not good.

Did you get your phone Angus?

Sorry Enfifer, but I hope you appreciate why I had to remove I-10s post

Is it possible to give some indication of what was in the post for those who didn't see it? Not just being nosey, it sounds as if it might have something to do with the current protest!

It may just be none of my business, in which case im not interested anyway.

But if it concerns East Fife, should I start worrying (even more)

Yeh i'm the same Jilted John! I would like to know what the post was about!

Yep!
It was in the rucksack...

it was just making assumptions (primarily re Dave's incident) which wasn't and couldn't be backed up with any evidence really.

One post was deleted because it named an individual who may or may not have had something to do with the vandalism of Davies car. You can draw your own conclusions as to who was mentioned, but naming an individual on here may get GoF into trouble.

Honestly there is no need for anyone to get in to trouble over this incident.I fully intend to rise above this .I will get my car repaired and carry on as before.If or when evidence indicates a culprit then things may evolve.

Thanks GOF! Reassured now.

Not very clever that, Davy u hav my sympathy and the same goes to ur car. If related to EF matters then its pathetic and those responsible should be H, D n 1/4rd, if its normal vandalism then of course the same still applies.

Lonefifer
By "anyone " I meant any one of us.Of course I would want the full weight of the law to come down on the person(s) responsible.In the meantime I will carry on as before.

Totally understand Gof.Just bloody angry like the rest ov the guys.If Davie can rise above this,so can the rest of us.Davie i hope your wife never got to much ov a fright with this happining.The person or people who did this showed little remorse for your "other half".A t the end of the day,nobody was hurt BUT the scars it leaves behind is the worrying thing.

"Dave I wasn't meaning that you were assuming names. It was more referring to a post I had to delete."

Understood Gof - had strong feelings on this one - sorry for putting you in a spot. I was a bit reckless there.

Dave have the police made any headway into their investigations on the trashing of your car? Can't they trace where the paint came from? Every tin of paint nowadays has a unique colour. Not many bricks are used in building now and usually carry a code on them.
You know we're all with you on this. We can rise above this and prevail against these minnows of the business world.
Don't want to trigger another round of fishy jokes. They've upped the stakes now

every tin of paint is a unique colour !!!

er um shade numbers.........

not many bricks used in building !!!!

bricks have serial numbers !!!!

how many bricks are fired at once in a kiln ?........

you dont work for dulux nor do you work in a brickworks mate !!!! , yer talkin pish and yer just no helpin.

i have twentysix thousand bricks in the yard, had fifteen guys checkin em for serial numbers for ages, havent found a serial number yet though.

did find some pigeon shit on a couple however, makes them standout a bit.

well I worked in a brickworks some bricks do have numbers but they are monthly and yearly you have to know what it means.

Thanks for that Zak. Who still builds houses wi' bricks. They're all kit houses now. O K boys tell the police tae abandon their enquiries. No such thing as fingerprints or DNA. Just need tae catch them RED handed or BLUE handed or YELLOW handed next time they dae it.

p.s. Is a code number the same as a serial number? My question was CODE not SERIAL. LBC London Brick Co. etc. Must give some sort of clue! Better ask Zak!

aye kits on the inside, and clad wi brick or stone on the outside

jeeez you lot no know nuthin !

I had a phonecall from the Police yesterday evening to give me an update.The paint container used was found nearby and is to be checked for prints.They feel that whoever did the deed will talk eventually and they will get to hear of it.I have always felt that whoever was responsible would get found out and still do.

How's that Gobsmacked. Found the paint container. They're hot on your trail. Bob the builder next. If you're on the mound Saturday Bob i'll show you a pic of a set of bricks with codes. Apologies already accepted. You can have a look at the pic too Gobsmacked. Talking pish eh?

apologies already accepted my arse

i can show you six different bricks fired at six different kilns and none of them have serial numbers nor codes.

and as for the suggestion that i may be involved somehow in what happened to dave marshall, ye can shove that up yer arse too.

if i were to have an issue with any man or woman i would be meeting with them face to face to discuss same issues. and not being a cowardly bastard like some.

Headline news for the Nationals "Mound Protestors Divided By Serial No. On Brick"

or an alternative national headline

"dyker_grove, football fan gets picture shoved up mound"