Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Sun

Buy it today!
Huge article about the march, complete with pic of chicken being wrestled by stewards!

Re: The Sun

A excellent write up from Bill Leckie, im still laughing at it!

Brilliant! Really funny.

is it available online??

Excellent, I nearly wet my underfelt!

Great stuff from Leckie, Angusfifer has reached national legend status, will we see the chicken again? What about Central Park tomorow?

Anything in the Daily Ranger anyone? I never seen it.

A wee bit in the record match report;

Greig Hails Shaw As Fife Saver After Methil Madness

There was enough craziness at New Bayview on saturday to keep Sky's Soccer AM going till the end of the season.
For starters,around a hundred fans had marched to the ground in protest and took their place on the grass verge outside the stadium to vent their anger at Fifers chairman Derrick Brown.
Things became even more absurd when a protester dressed in a chicken outfit attempted to get on the pitch pushing a wheelbarrow.
To cap it all off,a team who previously couldn't buy a win sealed their third victory on the trot and dumped the league leaders in the process.

Pretty poor stuff from the record.......

Just read it. Hilarious!, thank you Bill Leckie.

Angus Fifer for Chairman!!!

Yes the article is very funny, but is anyone just slightly disappointed with it?

The plight needs another article as hard-hitting as the one from the Scotsman a few months back.

Yip I too was dissappointed with the artical, I think he was poking fun at all parties.

Unfortunatly thats how others see the third division, but as they say all publicity is good publicity

The article could have been more hard hitting, but I think it reflected well on the protesters and highlighted how loathed Brown is by the fans.

There was even a call for all fans to boycott the stadium, and join the mound protesters.

All in all I think it was a good article and as much as we could have expected.

Black and Gold NOT Brown.

Although I wasn't able to make it, I think we got a reasonably fair hearing. How seriously do you want to be taken when we are invading the pitch dressed as chickens?!
Angus and his chicken suit got us noticed, where a simple protest or even a march, would hardly have got a mention in a national paper.
In fact... it didn't get a mention!

Just a pity the shares issue (the whole point of the thing) was not even touched.

Bill Leckie seemed to get it some it wrong, the supporters weren't protesting against Brown's membership in the Supporter's Trust.

I liked the fact he took time out to persuade the non-protesters that their apathy will get them nowhere.

I take the point that it may have taken a chicken and a wheelbarrow to get some press at all. Does that mean that the chicken will therefore be compulsory?

It wasn't the kind of article that would generate the national outrage that is perhaps required.

Although he did get the reasons wrong I think it was a great article to raise awareness.

Lets face it, there will never be outrage about the dodgy goings on at a small football club and maybe the message itself is being muddled - there are so many things that broon is being castigated for, the press can't separate the wheat from the chaff.

Maybe we need a one line answer as to why we want rid of Deceitful Derrick so that the press know the issue?

"Who controls Derrick?"

To the question ''Who controls Derrick''

Can I suggest Gerry Anderson