Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
manager interviews

I don,t know where ALAN got his information from, however I spoke to a very reliable source today at work, who informed me that yesterday (Sunday) interviews took place at New BAYVIEW, for the vacant managers post. The panel were Brown, Hamilton & McKay. the following people were in attendance. John Brownlie, Dave Robertson, Raymond Stewart & Baikie.All were told that a decision would be made in the next 2 weeks. This info was passed onto my source from one of the forementioned attendees.

Re: manager interviews

After hearing what Greig McDonald was saying in the paper I fully back Greg Shaw for the job, and of the list you gave anyone except Blakie (and thats debatable) would be a disgrace.

Shaw for me!

I spoke to Ian Campbell who told me, he was approached for the East Fife job. Plain and simple. He was only approached on Saturday night, a week after departing Brechin. Whether he has got back to them, I don't know, but he was considering and it wouldn't surprise me if he was at Bayview shortly.

I could not confirm or deny that Campbell was also there yesterday, but my source did not mention him.

i think i would definately keep shaw possibly no-2 to a more experienced manager-baikie or connelly(that is if he wants to stay).

Campbell has been a number 2 to his brother Dick for many a year and has little managerial experience. He has a good reputation and possibly because he is relatively local he was a suitable choice. I personally would like to see Dave Baikie in charge purely because I think he is a strong character and would give Herr Braun a run for his money.

Shaw was Moffats number 2 though and we were pretty awful, he seems to be handling things well on his own and has the team playing well and winning in difficult circumstances. I wouldn't see the need to bring anyone in, especially a shit like Ray Stewart or a dud like Davie Robertson.

It would be a disgrace if David Baikie got it too. This man is a violent, convicted thug. There has been a lot of talk of the club moving on, being community focussed and needing to take the moral high ground etc etc, but this is not the sort of appointment we should be making right now. EFFC is not new to having dodgy characters in their ranks, but I for one would not welcome this guy regardless of his managerial credentials.

Good point. Brown's attack on Rix was due to him not being a "fit and proper person" to manage a football club, I would pressume he feels the same about Baikie and will not offer him the job?

Any more word on the new manager yet?