Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
F.A.O.Sammy.

Hows Bob doing,Hope hes on the road to recovery.Tell um me un "Dyker" are asking fer um!!!

Re: F.A.O.Sammy.

Bob will probably reply to this himself but the recovery period could now be more than 6 months.Nevertheless he is remaining positive.

EN fifer and Dyker thanks for your concern.Sammy is right it's going to be longer than first thought.Of the 5 breaks in my leg only 1is showing signs of healing.However i was grumpy when i heard the Cowden result so i must be getting better.Trying to convince myself that when i return the Fife will be a club transformed and the fans get the team they deserve.

You just concentrate on getting better,Bob.

Sorry to hear about the recovery period Bob.As D.M says,just concintrate on get better.Tell Sammy ti keep oor seats warm fer us.Hopefully we'll be back sooner rather than later(if were no "black balled" that is!!!),but i won't hold my breath.

Bob, i don't know you but I do do know what you are going through. It took 2 years and 11 months for me [an auld bugger] to get through my broken leg, but stay with it. Pure determination got me through it and I'm sure you can be back long before that.

I spoke to Bob this morning and he sounded reasonably cheerful considering the circumstances.
He has the underarm crutches which may help you walk but also give you raw flesh armpits.
He still cannot put any weight on his leg and reckons it will be a while before he has a chance of getting his leg over anything but that was probably the case for a while before the accident as well.
I think what is getting him down is having to depend on his sister for messages etc and even when his leg starts to mend he is three storeys up so he can't just step out when he is able.

Chin up Bob - expect to see you at the first game of the season and anyone I have spoken to send their best wishes.

Aye Bob you must be getting better! Grumpy thats you!
Only joking. Listen you'll need tae get back quick, who's goin' tae deliver the Cadbury's Milk Tray. Awe they women are waitin'! Seriously hope yer back soon and Broon has gone. Has he tried the Rovers yet? Sure Wullie can get him in there. Anywhere'll dae, as long as it's no Bayview. Then we can get back to supportin' oor team. Get well soon.
Davy
a.k.a. Dyker_Grove