Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER Train to Berwick 15/4/06

Virgin Trains Edinburgh to Berwick £10.95 based on 10 travelling.

Anyone wanting to go let me know and I'll book asap.
Usual BURGER members and non members welcome. Colin and Stu are you up for it?

Train is approx 12 outward and returns about 17.30.

Re: BURGER Train to Berwick 15/4/06

Sign me up stewart! papa is working though.

OK Lee.

The veggie BURGER will be there

Me too

Can you count me in and let me know the times asap so I can book my connection from/to sunny Dundee?

Count me in as usual!

i'll be in London that weekend, say hello to Derrick for me

Stewart

Is that a return price or one way?

Mike
That's the return price.

Hi Stewart,

Colin and I are both up for it.

Cheers!

Mite be up for that myself Stewart

I've got 12 names now so the tickets have been booked.

Could only get us all on the 13.05 from Edinburgh but it gets into Berwick at 13.51. Return from Berwick at 17.18 gets into Edinburgh at 18.09. £10.95 Return. Not first class but it is Virgin so probably a better class of train possibly a Pendolino!

Re: Re: BURGER Train to Berwick 15/4/06

I can get 25% discount on Scotrail tkts for the 15th if booked by Friday. I know that Stu has season tkt but if the others let me know which station they are travelling from and I can get tkts cheaper for the connection onward to Berwick.

Sample fare Kirkcaldy/Edinburgh cheap day rtn £6.80 with discount £5.10.

Let me know your requirements BURGER people.

I will take mine Stewart from Markinch if poss if not Kirkcaldy will do

Me & the Veggie from KDY please.

I'll take Kirkcaldy!

6 tkts booked from Kirkcaldy and 4 from Inverkeithing, the other two should be taken care of. Might have the tkts for Sat if you are all there. No need for money till 15th but if you don't go you'll still have to pay unless you get rid of tkt.

£15 for full trip will cover it.
£25 Including admission,
£30 Including 2 drinks,
£31 Including Pie,
£32 Including 50/50 draw,
£33 If you want bovril,
£34 Including programme

Sod it £40 all in, thats taxis from station and back too.

Look at how the money adds up Derrick, or how it would if we were paying to get into Bayview at the moment.

Timely reminder methinks as to how much potential cash you are losing week after week.

It doesn't have to be this way.

Mull it over, we'll get your answer on Saturday.

Hope you do us a big favour on Saturday
You don't really want to come back to the Fife Maracana next season, do you?
Get us up and stop messing about

Can't believe I'm saying this, but you deserve to go up as you're clearly playing the best football this season.

Bit of a tricky one really. I certainly would be happy not to visit Central Dump ever again but if it meant you guys going up as Champs then mmmmm not sure.

Lee, if you get the 11.41 from Markinch the others will be getting that one at Kirkcaldy and we'll join at Inverkeithing unless you're in KDY anyhoo and then you can get the 10.50 with the others. Just get the cheap day return from whichever station you're getting on at and I'll work out the price for you're Berwick tkt minus the discount. Any problems phone me.

Remember your passports, there will be border checks!