Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife bottom of the league...

Programme Monthly, Scottish Programme of the Year awards for season 2005/06 have been made and the results are as follows :

1. Montrose
2. Queen's Park
3. The Rovers
4. Cowdenbeath
5. Berwick Rangers
6. Arbroath
7. Stenhousemuir
8. East Stirlingshire
9. Elgin City
10. East Fife

Yet another area we have excelled in under the stewardship of Derrick Brown

Re: East Fife bottom of the league...

Also, just reading on P&B that Albion Rovers (who came third) have their programme produced by their trust, yet another example of the benefits of a club embracing its supporters organisations and reaping the rewards.

The programme is crap and is certainly an area where supporters expertise could be put to good use.

The Montrose programme is excellent as was their £10 hospitality deal which included the programme,pies, admission to the game and use of the private lounge before the game. Hope they are still doing it for the last game of the season.

A good deal at Links Park certainly, but looking at their average gates this season it just goes to show that nothing pulls the punters in more than a successful team.

Nay wonder it finished bottom.Wan look it Broons "havers" page wid be enough ti pit onybody aff!!!!

I have not bought a programme this season bit I have had a look at one and I thought they were better than last seasons how wrong can I be it is not like me to be wrong or is it ha ha

Again this isn't a true reflection of the best programme. Considering the appearance of some (photocopy) the price (Queens Park £2.00) and the content as expressed on Pie and Bovril, East Fife effort deserved better. I thought the Chairman's, Manager's and Youth coaches comments were only as good as their submissions but at least they were consistently submitted. Jim Corstorphine's contribution was excellent as was the half-time quiz. Player of the week gave interesting facts and as an ex-player I know the boys looked forward to it. Enough said apart from the editor of the Scottish Program Monthly resides in Kirkcaldy, make your own conclusions.

We may not have the best programme in the league but we certainly dont have the worst. If you pick up any programme for our way games you can see for yourselves, its a conspiricy!

I'm pretty gutted, actually.
I submitted a lot of articles at the start of the season for the programme and they've been used throughout.
Fiona McKay has put a hell of a lot of work into this season's programme and I really thought we might be in with a chance of a top three place, but never in a million years did I think we'd come last!!!

Good shout Jim, I also witnessed the work the woman put in chasing the gaffer and youth coaches for their reports. She also set up all the interviews and photographs with the players and fans. It's a pity igor and sick parrot can't see by their campaign and give credit where credits due.

Here we go,another opportunity for you to have a go at the all the people who think your Dad is a spineless coward.

FAO Frosty

Maybe what Igor is suggesting is that the hard work of Fiona and Jim would have been more worthwhile had Derrick and his cronies supplemented something to it to produce the best programme in the league.

I'm not getting at Fiona or Jim, but imagine if Derrick had splashed a few pennies to produce a really spectacular momento of each game and really show off Fiona and Jim's articles. Better product, more sales, more income - speculate to accumulate.

Now the programme will have a poor reputation and less sales may result.

it's ok, wait till we start producing our own alternative programme if the protests end up continuing into next season

Just for your information protester my father has passed away and your comments are very hurtful.

Fiona,s husband is called Graeme?

Apologies.

Apologies accepted I am not related to Kenny Mackay nor I'm I married to Fiona Mckay.

Didn't you used to be a prison warder in Porridge?