Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO Davie Hamilton.

This is addressed at you Davie because of the board members left(other than DB) you are the only one i've spoken to.

This football club is being dragged to it's knees by an egomaniac, I find it hard to believe you're not aware of this.
Therefore the question is, why are you standing by and allowing this to happen to a club you purport to be a fan of?

You are in an enviable position, that many a true East Fife fan would love to be in.

A position in which you can if you choose, to excert considerable pressure on the worst and most hated chairman in the history of this club.
In short, you have the power to get rid of him.

So far you have chosen to do nothing, therefore aligning yourself with Derrick Brown and against the fans.

Why is this?

1. Are you stupid?

2. Do you actually believe he has the best interests of East Fife at heart?

3. Is it self interest, and you thinking you are protecting your position within the club?

If it is the first reason, then this is forgivable but should you really be involved in running the club.

If it's the second, then you are deluded!

If it's the third, then it's unforgivable and you should feel ashamed.

Remember, Derrick Brown WILL be removed and myself, along with hundreds of other fans will be able to reflect on the parts we played in removing him and securing the future of East Fife.

How will history judge you Davie?

Do you have the courage displayed by Dave Marshall? Or are you a spineless coward, only interested in what you can get out of our club?

I do understand that I can't be fully aware of of whats going on in the boardroom, however if it transpires that you stood by while Brown put his own interests above those of East Fife then when this is over and the dust settles, others may forgive you, but I never will.

Do the right thing, stand up and be counted. This is your chance to make a real difference!

LONG LIVE EAST FIFE!

BLACK AND GOLD NOT BROWN!

Re: FAO Davie Hamilton.

davie,i gave you a wave in the car park yesterday in glenrothes so you know who i am-can i give you a bit of advice.
you were on the board before derrick came back so you shouldnt feel you owe him any loyalty whatsoever.
if derrick goes,the rest of the board will be forced out as well including yourself so now is the time to act.
HELP GET RID OF BROWN AND LETS GET ALL THE PROTESTERS BACK INTO THE STADIUM,BACK WHERE WE BELONG.

Well said. I also feel that if Davie Hamilton or any of the others are backing Derrick Brown,they should come out and say so. Then we will all know where we stand.
I still find it absolutely incredible that they can sit back and continue to do nothing while this jumped up little dictator continues to ruin our club.

Are they with us or agaisnt us?

Interesting fact that Davie Hamilton has voted against Derrick before when Danskin was Chairman.

If as you suggestDH is in such an enviable position then way was DM so keen to jump ship.

Maybe working as part of the board its not all it appears to be.

He is in the enviable position of being able to excert a good deal more pressure on Brown than I can. Sorry, I thought i'd made that clear.

I am sorry to say that davie hamilton will not jump ship he likes his comfort under browns leadership,and now that brown has willie gray beside him he will be too scared to object and same goes the rest ,As for me I have decided that East Fife are already dead and I will no longer be at any game home or away,maybe one day when brown has gone but to me East Fife no longer existn this is my last post on aftn until brown and gray are gone goodbye everyone I have enjoyed the banter the slagging given and taken KEEP UP THE FIGHT I have lost the heart.

Ffs Zak,get a grip.We are all feeling pretty shit about what is happening,but what we mustn`t do is give up.
Get yourself on the mound on Saturday and help be a part of the removal of Brown.

Yeah! giving up on East Fife isn't an option.

Don't let these idiots drive away a real supporter for good, keep the faith Browns days in charge are drawing to a close.

Giving up isn't an option Zak. We need all soldiers on the mound. Bring some celebs. The mound is our terracing. Up with the banter, down with Brown.

I don't post on here very often, and i'm saddened by whats happening at the club just now.

I can only hope that people like Mr Hamilton take account of posts such as this and takes the appropriate action, before it's to late!

it's no good pleading to hamilton. if he tried to bare his teeth, you would find that he has none. he is powerless

the best we can hope for is that he walks away. if the club is to be saved, he should have no part in its future

Zak, you shouldn't give up!

ALL FANS must stick together in this one. "Divided we fall, United we stand".

We are all Black & Gold through and through not Brown or the Spineless Board. This is OUR club, the club we have supported since we were kids and the club we will support until the day we die.

We owe it to ourselves to continue the fight to remove Brown from our club, we owe it to ourselves of the fans of the future who are not around yet that they will have a club to support in years to come. Do we really want to tell our grandkids that we did nothing when East Fife FC died. We are fighting for the future of our club. Plain and Simple. We need all fans to stick together not turn their backs when their club needs them most.

Don't give up! Qutting will achieve nothing but regret. We are all East Fife fans, Brown isn't it he is nothing but a useless little jumped up dictator and each of the Board members are just as bad as they are allowing him to drag East Fife down. They may read this and should all be ashamed of themselves!

C'mon Fifers! Let's stick together and do this!

Zak said when he heard that Dave Clarke was taking over as manager he wouldn't be back. After a while when he found that he was losing touch with his pals he came crawling back.

Will he do the same again. Probably and recieve the same adjulation from his cronies has he did back then.

TRUST ME YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF SPINELESS HAMILTON STANDING UP AND BEING COUNTED. I WAS SAT VERY CLOSE TO HIM WHEN HE APPEARED FOR THE SECOND HALF AT COWDENBEATH LAST WEEK. WHEN THE PROTESTERS BEGAN TO SHOUT ABUSE AT BROWN. I HEARD HAMILTON SAY "SHUT YER PUSSES" HARD LUCK DAVEY SOMEONE HEARD YOU!

If he said that then he's a TWAT!, just as I suspected.

We all know wht a twat he is comon wid u leave your wife for the wee slapper oh a ex barmaid?????????