Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Raffle Tickets

Now that I am trying to sell raffle tickets for the Trust just like last year it brings back memories.Being Trust members the Board received their allotted two books.Derrick refused to sell his as half of the proceeds were going to charity(Rachel House).Apparently it is the duty of supporter groups to fund raise for the Club only.This did not surprise me as I had had similar discussions with him when the Supporters Club held two charity "Stars in their Eyes" shows(Maggie Centre and Young Fifers).He said he would return his books unsold and recommended that all Board members do the same which I believe they did. It came as a great surprise to me when someone I heard confirm he had sent his books back unsold had won first prize.
Derrick is still running EFFC. WE NEED CHANGE

Re: Raffle Tickets

These stories never cease to amaze me

Unbelievable! To refuse worthwhile causes like Rachel House is absolutely disgusting,but nothing at all now surprises me about him.

I suppose that is as close as we are going to get to mutiny in the ranks because - hold the front page -
Davie Hamilton bought two.
Of course realising his mistake and to demonstrate that the EFFC board has principles he could have
a)Refused the 1st prize holiday OR
b)Donated the holiday to a charity of his choice

Maybe someone can help. I have forgotten which he chose.

This is a personal view and does not represent the views of all the people and organisations which Eugene usually mentions

Did Brown win first prize?

Sorry. That last post which was a personal view etc etc did not make it clear that Kenny Mackay won 1st prize and not Davie Hamilton.
I will be contacting the Trust Chairman demanding a public enquiry into how someone who was instructed not to buy tickets won first prize.

No,Kenny did.

I have to say that I'm totally sickened and disgusted by that revelation. Just when i thought my opinion of Broon couldn't get any lower.

Brown told a story about Archibald wanting to have a Scotland Vs Brazil game, with the proceeds going to charity. Brown thought it was a shocking idea, and thought the money should stay with the blazers....oh and to help scottish football.

Dave, is there no way that you can alert the Press about all the goings on with Brown behind the scenes?

If I did that I would be in danger of being seen as the bitchy,bitter ex director and I am certainly not that.I am content with myself now. However I will continue to try to prove that I was right to call for Derrick,s resignation.

Unbelievable Dave. What a total disgrace...

Dave
I bet you could write a book on the goings on inside the Bayview Boardroom.
I always wondered if the submission to the Scottish Exec Consultation was all your own work, or were you "advised" what to write?

Disgraceful behaviour.

HANDS UP ANYONE OUT THERE WHO THINKS THIS MAN IS FIT TO RUN A FOOTBALL CLUB

Any Directors looking in, have a look at yourself, can you be proud that you keep this idiot in charge?

Views personal etc blah blah

Words fail me..............

Ritchie
I,d forgot about that.A bit of both I suppose but I accept responsibility for that.No point in laying blame where it doesn,t lie.

A tak it then that Broon o'll no be buying a ticket fer the "mound" raffle prize this Seterday.Seriouslly though,this is whats wrong with this football club.Its been run by an old man with old ideas.Just adds another reason to the rest,why we are doing the right thing to get this man out!!!!

Dave, I think you have earned an amnesty on this one.

I was looking through the East Fife submission(s) again the other day, and in light of events within the last year I found the following points particularly interesting and revealing.

EFFC -"People who are supporters have their own agenda but if they have not been involved in the day to day running of a club then their contribution must be somewhat diminished. I have yet to meet a Director or Committee Member of any club who is not their most ardent and committed supporter."

Q10. Should there be a ‘fit and proper person test’ for directors of
football clubs and those who have a direct influence over their
management?

EFFC - "Fail to see what benefit this might achieve but have an open mind as this could prove beneficial for clubs who are in debt"

Q25. Should the Scottish Executive extend funding for the Show
Racism the Red Card campaign and should the SFA demonstrate
their commitment to the campaign by providing monies in
addition to those provided by UEFA and also to fund Supporters’
Direct beyond the current commitment to 2005-06?

EFFC - "Most definitely not it is not such a problem and to commit public monies to such a campaign would be totally wrong"

The Executive discussion paper can be found here
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/committees/enterprise/papers-05/ecp05-09FFF.pdf

EFFC response
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/committees/enterprise/inquiries/sfi/fie_pt01_East%20Fife.pdf

And of course J Derrick Brown's Response
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/committees/enterprise/inquiries/sfi/fie_pt01_Brown.pdf

Speechless !

Just out of interest, did Brown give a reason why all members of the board should return their tickets unsold?

"Most definitely not it is not such a problem and to commit public monies to such a campaign would be totally wrong"

If only he considered the racist remarks he made to be as "wrong"

Totally beyond belief. I had to look at Dave's post twice to make sure I had read it correctly!
WE all know Derrick hates the EFST. So if he was objecting to half the money going to Rachel House (in my opinion one of the most worthwhile and deserving charities in the land), he must hate that charity even more than he hates the trust? Unbelievable!