Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bike Shop

As it's coming near to that time of the year now when I get my tourer and mountain bike out (I'm a fair weather cyclist) Can anyone recommend a good bike shop. I usually have my bikes serviced/repaired at Leslie Bike shop. I am however not prepared to give my money to this business any longer, for obvious reasons. So any ideas appreciated

These are personal decisions nothing to do with Trust etc.

Re: Bike Shop

isnt there a wee bike shop in Bridge St Leven, just off the bawbee brig?

I too normally go to Leslie Bike Shop,but after current events at the club,i will not be going back.
From now on Sandy Walker Cycles in Inverkeithing or Plummers in Dysart will be getting me and my families business.

is Leslie bike shop run by one of the directors?

The bike shop on Bridge Street was excellent under the Scotts, if the new ownership has continued this service then I would highly recommend them.

I am amazed this thread has appeared because i was thinking about this last week. I bought my last bike at the Leslie Bike Shop and i was very happy with it. I did not realise at the time that the owner was an East Fife supporter. But i am looking for an upgrade to my bike now and there is no way i will be going back there.

A guy in Dairsie sells, services and repairs bikes.

His name is Bill Ramsay and his phone nmbr is 01340 870890. He even collects and delivers bikes, but I cant remember what distance this covers.

Shouldn`t the area code be 01334?

The bike shop in St Andrews is good (Spokes). I have seen one of the owners at Bayview with his son a couple of times.

Yes!

I think it is time Andy Hain got on his bicycle and made his way out of Herr Brauns bum. What we all must remember is that none of the other directors should get it any less than Braun does because their lack of courage and testicles has kept Herr Braun at the helm. BROONIE BROONIE BROONIE, OUT OUT OUT!!!

Andy seems like a nice guy and he runs a good shop, it would be a great shame if he was to lose so much business because of Derrick Brown.

Andy, you know what you have to do.

Purple Cat, I think you are right when you say Andy Hain is a decent guy. I do not think that it is the smartest move to start slating members of the board, especially as a letter has just gone to them seeking a meeting to try and remove Derrick Brown. When DB goes, I for one hope that people such as Andy Hain remain on the board. He seems to be an honest and decent guy, who actually supported East Fife before he became a director. Who can truthfully boast that just now?
I know where the frustration comes from, but this is not the way. Hopefully the ones that have sent the letter to the directors will be successful.

come on, the softly softly approach has been tried and failed. if the directors really wanted to get rid of brown, they would go ahead and do it without needing anyone to tell them to do it

decent bloke he may be, but hain puts himself - by personal choice - into an indecent situation. it is also a very public position. if he feels he takes unjust flak, he is free to walk away

They all had the chance when Dave Marshall put forward a vote of no confidence, and they sat cowering in their seats. Why should we show them any sympathy?

I hear what you saying. To be fair to Andy, he was on the other side of the world when the vote of no confidence was made. I agree, I do not know why any of the directors are still hanging in there. Is there a lack of alternatives for them? What's for sure, I'm not keen on everyone jumping ship and leaving the place open for the sharks that have been circling around of late. All I am saying is that I do not think we should be slagging them if we do not fully know or appreciate what is keeping them there. It's certainly not for the company.

I think we should hit all of the directors in this way. Mind you, I for one rarely need a fork-lift truck driving.

Hallfords and jjb s at the retail park in kdy i believe do bicyle repair and maintenance service

Thanks for all the replies.

Lance i think you should still use the Leslie Bike Shop. Come to think of it no, you've retired.

Hiya sheryl honey no need for bikes next stop the white house yeeeehaaa

Bump.

Just feel it's important to keep this message near the top.

We CAN and WILL make the boycott hit the directors hard during the close season as well.

On a similar subject, does anyone know any good fish merchants from the neuk we could lend our support to?

I'm sure I've seen another fish merchants van at the games apart from Mackays.

Colin Reekie goes to all games well used to anyway

Does anyone know where Mackays "fish round" is?

Think his big seller is flat fish. Wullie Gray sits on them in the stand.

Think it's worth bumping this up to the top again.

what about that bike you used when you were a teenager

what about some off the bikes you used to run about with 40 years ago

Well done Tambo, you've managed to stay un-goosed long enough to make a couple of posts!

Remember, shut the computer down properly!

after yesterday's charming gesture from his wife, can someone tell me why andy hain is on the board of directors at east fife? what does he bring to the party?

he was shirt sponsor at one stage, but not any longer

You can say that about all of the Board Members.

What football experience and business sense does Betty, Dave Hamilton and the rest of the puppets have?

It's time to get things started, it's time to light the lights. It's time to meet the muppets on the muppet show tonight.

On the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational

THIS - IS - WHAT - WE - CALL - THE - MUPPET - SHOW!

Starring...

Derrick Brown as Kermit, gang show wannabe who thinks he's in charge but keeps making an arse of it

Betty Brown as Miss Piggy, the only person on earth who admires Kermit

Davie Hamilton as Beaker, the laboratory assistant. Just when you think he's going to say something at last, he can't get the words out

Kenny Mackay as Sam the American Eagle. Distinguishing features: high forehead, diet of fish.

Andy Hain as Scooter the gofer. Two wheels good, four wheels bad

Willie Gray as Fozzie, the bear who thinks he's a comedian

technitions hard to come by these days.so dinny get cheeky .disni suit yi??????

Is this the same mrs Hain who attended the p.o.y.dance last week,along with her husband and mr Hamilton and Zoe?From what i read on the forum,they were treated with curtiscy and respect.What has changed in a week?Maybe Zak had the right idea after all by walking out when they walked in.