Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ian Campbell

I can confirm 100% that Ian Campbell was offered the East Fife managers job,but has turned it down.
One of the reasons being you know who.

Re: Ian Campbell

Just like I said a week ago!

Was Ian Campbell interviewed like the others, what did he learn about Deek that he didn't know before the interview that made him decide not to take the job.

If I were looking for a job in football and knew DBs track record I just wouldn't apply to East Fife. If I found out after I'd applied I'd simply withdraw my application.

Is he too like Deek, a bit of a waste of time?

From what I am led to believe,Ian Campbell was approached by East Fife.

Like any prospective employee he obviously wanted to find out more about his employer face to face. He obviously saw what an ugly mug it possessed and thought thanks but no thanks.

Yes

A very good source has confirmed the above.

I have also been informed that this is a concrete fact.

why?????????? would ian cambell even be ofrd the job?

Heard that David Robertson is still in the frame because he is willing to put money into the Club as well. I take it that this is to do with his mate Kenny Black who was trying to takeover at Elgin City earlier in the season. Anything is better than the present regime !!

Ian Campbell has been offered the managers job,he has until Monday to give a decision, i have also been told that campbell does not want the job, one of the main reasons is broon(surprise surprise!)

I was informed of this weeks ago but it seems no one took any notice because I didn't state who it came from. Who would want to join a club like ours? From the outsider it quite frankly is an embaressment!

i knew b4 any cunt else.

how dare yous cunts blah blah blah blah.

life get a...... rearange

What are you on about you silly man.

Hey Bayviewboy

''Anything is better than this''

If that shower take over you may be watching new houses being build at bayview during season 2008/09

Still, at least it'll be something going up.

I would have no problem with the current Bayview being redeveloped provided it resulted in a better team and a more crowd-friendly studium.

Let's face it - does anyone really feel affection towards the 1st2finance stadium? Would you miss the view of the power station? Is there any atmosphere at all other than the very rare occasions it's been full? Do you prefer to stay at a venue where there seems little prospect of a terracing?

Let's not get emotional over the prospect of leaving Bayview - it's a crap place to watch footie!

I wouldnt have a problem about the New Bayview being bulldozed and moved some where else in Methil, but would any of the money made from the sale of the stadium be put back into the club?

Forgot to add to my original post the this was the 2nd approach to be made to Ian Campbell as he said no the 1st time round