Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lack of communication

Although its nothing new under Derrick Brown's stewardship, has anyone noticed that the club has completely blanked the East Fife Mail for the last few weeks? Derrick refused access to EFM reporters at the "meeting", he has since failed to comment on any matters whatsoever in the only newspaper that gives us a steady coverage of news from Bayview. It looks like he has accused them of being "pro-protest" and has taken the huff with them, deciding to treat them like he treats everyone/everything he dislikes, ignoring them and hoping they'll go away.

Re: Lack of communication

Noticed in the EFM that the manager was not available for comment Monday & Tuesday - has he been gagged?
No news then whatsover from the club - Absolutely disastrous PR Brown. Go now.

I started the leaflet issues in the High street back in September on behalf of the Club to put East Fife's name in the publics face. They were modestly successful.
It now seems that the Chairman is doing exactly the opposite.
I will take my place in the stand as usual in the stand on Saturday but intend joining you all on the mound about 10 minutes from the end. If any stand people want to join me at that time I will be glad to have your company.

True supporters like you Jim will be more than welcome on the mound.

I have also noted that there has been no "Chairman's Comments" in the last three home programmes nor daily updates on the Official Website.
It would appear that the Board wishes the season just to be over without tackling the serious issues at the club.In other words the Board is showing total and utter contempt for the fans.
Within a couple of months no doubt, Derrick will be announcing Season Ticket prices and presumably expecting the supporters to blindly cough up.The problem will be of course that he has repeatedly stated that the manager's budget will be based on gate takings.Given that the takings are obviously way down,does this mean the club will be signing amateurs for next season with professionals being on East Stirling type terms.
Before I buy/ consider buying a season ticket I,as a customer,would want to know what the Board aspirations are 1. to encourage the missing hundreds back to the club and 2.for the season ahead.
Would be interested in having other season ticket holders points of view.

Sammy,why don`t you do what 2 other Season Ticket holders had done,approach Brown and through it in his arrogant,fat face.

I came back from a Junior game on Saturday (Tuesday killed of any chance of going to hampden) and within 5 mins of coming home, I had a leaflet through my letter box asking to come along to bayview, have a meal in Award winning resteraunt, yada yada yada.

Bit late to try this now & just ripping of Jim's idea!! Sorry to say will not be near the place on Saturday.

Jim Beavers

There are many views around this issue.
I am a big fan of your historical commited position and integrity. In fact my short term views have been highly influrenced by you.
I am also quite amazed at your current stance and would guide any doubters to your counsel.
As I have said before; "if Jim Beavers is concerned we should all be concerned"

Ye kin me un Dykers views Sammy.If i hid enough cash in the summer ti buy wan,i wid ,but first league game o the season,i'd bi geen it back ti um again.

sorry but i don't understand jim's position. a few weeks ago he announced that he would not be going to a home game. what has changed for the better to tempt him back? any further pressure jim's stance had generated was lost.

neither do i understand the point of joining the protestors ten minutes from the end. some fans leave 10 minutes before the end as a matter of course. who is going to notice? brown won't care, because the money is banked and the attendance figure will include jim's presence. that's all that matters to the chairman

as bill leckie said, people will only start to take this seriously when the stand is empty, not when it is still populated by fans who want change but keep on endorsing the regime by making the turnstiles click

Maybe he is a season ticket holder and the club has his money anyway.

OK I am a reluctant protester. I was brought up years ago in the good days when we did not even know who the Directors were and we rubbed shoulders with Celtic and Rangers in the top half of the top league.

Now we find ourselves in the dungeon of Scottish Football and we know everyone at the club. In my later working life I was trained to be positive and that indirectly led me to doing what I thought at the time was something positive.
Since the last meeting which wasted the time of all who were there, the share fiasco, the lack of a new manager, the Rix affair and now the lack of communication with the EFM I have completely changed my mind. Yes I am concerned about the above.
I am well into my retiral and I have no intention of standing nearly two hours outside the ground when I have a season ticket.
If you don't think it is worth me missing the last part of the game on Saturday I won,t bother!!!

I share the view that Mike Flett has. Jim helped out at youth football, when I was younger and encouraged all of us to go to East Fife. When someone of Jim's standing and views says that he will walk out with 10 minutes to go, we should either follow him or at very least respect him for taking this form of action. Good on you Jim.

I agree Jim should be allowed to protest in his own way without having to justify himself - he is after all not a militant kind of guy.
It would be good if the few others left follow his lead and show their displeasure to this rotten regime.

As per Interested's post above - my mother who lives in Sea Road Methil also had one of these leaflets through her letterbox today inviting her for a £10 meal and advertising the match etc etc etc.
Too little too late.The board are getting desperate folks - we will win this.

BTW Deek - she won't be there.

Lack of communication......must be council thing seeing as our dear leader is off on the sick from his council job but is still able to run a football club.
Then again maybe he's on full time strike all by himself so he can boost his pension by runninf EFFC full time.

DOON WI BROON!!!

Thanks for that bit of information ''interested'' I've contacted the club and have a booked a table, apparently its advertised on the official site but who looks at that.

Perhaps I should.

Once again thanks, I'll let you all know if its any good.

1 taker and not even directly from the boards efforts - well looks like it was all worthwhile then. Then again are you sure you're not a board member yourself or a wannabe?
Hope you enjoy the convivial atmosphere within the lounge & stadium and as warming a welcome from our beloved chairman as 1 overseas visitor got a few months ago.

Thanks guys for that support. The one thing that has impressed me is how well this protest has been organised and that helped in my decision to get involved.
Let's keep it that way.

I hope alot ov the supporters inside tomorrow,follow Jims example and walk.A few people have said to me
"why not bring the protest into the stadium then everyone can join in and you'll get plenty support"
Its not for me to say where we protest but to the guys in the stadium,its a chance for you's to show your discontent.Have to agree though,the less in the ground at 3.00,the worse it is fer Broon.

I like Jim, probably try to look for positives in life instead of negatives. I to am also a season ticket holder, and do not wish to have given the Chairman my cash for nothing. The march was the first organised protest I have every taken part in, preferring previously to air any differences with people in person. However I feel that the pressure needs to be kept on the Chairman and this might be my last opportunity at a home game this season to make some kind of gesture. Therefore I will choose to support Jim and leave the ground with him before the end of Saturday's match. Hopefully if a few more people join in it will provide further embarassment to Mr Brown.

it would take such little effort on the part of those in the stand to make a real difference to the campaign for change

Good idea for protest by Jim. If we can get enough getting up to leave about 10 mins to go, then stroll slowly along the front of the stand. They could wave up to the directors while singing Bye, Bye, Brownbird or some such clever chant that can be thought of.

Let's synchronize our watches for 4-30pm and that would make it nearer 15 minutes than 10 and everybody will know what is happening.

You guys will get a huge roar of approval from the mound when you leave at 4:30. Hope many others follow suit.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years along with Kerriann but didn't renew this season because of the EFST shares saga. Whilst this was partly dealt with I still was not too keen on handing over my cash to a club run so incompetantly as Derrick has been doing recently.

The ideal situation in my opinion would be for everyone to boycott on the mound from the start but I see no point in slagging off Jim Beavers and others who are essentially backing the protests but not in the way we are.

Jim Beavers and hopefully others who follow him from their seats at 4.30pm can have an effect just as the mound protesters are, hopefully.

Squabbling and name calling amongst genuine and proud East Fife fans of long standing is a total No No.

Derrick is still Chairman by the skin of his teeth and hopefully that will not be the case by the 29th April.

Black and Gold Not Brown.

Well Interested, I've been for my meal and very nice it was too. Lentil soup, Lemon Chicken and all the trimmings and Fruit Strudle to finish. It was well worth the tenner and better value than 9 quid for that pish I watched from 3pm.

Once again thanks and keep me informed of any future promotions, though I know that wont be on the park.

I got a free pie and can ae juice and it felt guid tae gie a donation to a guid cause rather than the Broon penshun fund. Hope ye enjoyed the happy company within.

Have had a season ticket for probably 10 of the last 12 years. Hardly worth the bother now. Camaraderie on the mound is superb but sitting watching the game inside is much better. Why can't this guy just get out of our lives.
He knows he's killing the club but he just doesn't care. He can't win. Next and last home game of the season is the last chance to rid ourselves of this little asshole. We have to devise something spectacular and have the media present.
Admired your courage today Jim but he'll put it down to the fact of the team losing. Might have been more poignant if we were actually winning the game at the time. Such is life.
Keep up the good fight.

D'ick's Report Card...

Season Ticket holders walking out.
Shareholders walking out.
The Caretaker Manager walking out.

And that's just today.