Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Greg Shaw

I can sadly confirm that Greg resigned after today,s game stating that football had become "a side issue"
Will get back to you when you have absorbed the news.

Re: Greg Shaw

Thanks for your hard work Greg!

He knows along with the players the struggle behind the scenes between Brown and the fans and no manager wants to be part of it. It's sad to hear him say football is 'a side issue' when we are a football club but he is correct, until Brown goes our hearts will never be on the 11 players in the Black & Gold.

Does this mean a new manager being appointed next week then.

All the best Greg!

what he basically means is brown is holidng the whole club back and even everyone inside thinks he is a twat. no-one at the place has any respect for a man that doesnt even have the balls or decency to speak to the players or any of the football staff with any sense of humanity. Brown - we all want you out!!!

I'd like to thank Greg for his hard work, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and sadly it will be the same for anyone who takes the position until the poison dwarf is kicked out our club.

cofirmed on teletex what a shame is db a fud or what next thing u no we will be in the sunday league

As previously stated wrong time, wrong place. Thanks for the effort we had actually played better football during your time. Hope you get another post

Is this a first in football, the caretaker manager quitting?

All the best in your next venture Greg. I am not alone when I say that I wish I had been supporting the team and yourself rather than protesting.

The solution is simple Mr Brown.

Personal views bahdeblahdeblah......

In the months before I resigned I told the Board that it was it,s duty to deal with what was happening on and off the field no matter where they thought the problem(s)lay.This they manifestly failed to do.I hoped my resignation would at the very minimum focus their minds but no such luck.Tonight we see an honest and decent man leave the Club with no guarantee that the rest of the Coaches may not follow him.
The Board of Directors of East Fife FC are lurching from one disaster to another and even they must now realise that Derrick has reached the end of the line.
The Club we all love is in CRISIS and I for one am awfully,awfully angry.

You say that other coaches may follow Dave, could we see players walking out too? Surely they have had enough of this?

Chatting to someone this evening who spoke to one of the players today "90% of the players hate the chairman" was this players quote.

Apparently very few of them expect to be there next season.

DERRICK BROWN - You have killed this famous club, many of whose supporters have given their best years in following it. Anyone with any shred of integrity (Marshall, Moffat and now Shaw) have left under YOUR stewardship. DO YOU CARE? Can you please tell us what the fuck is happening?

You know your time is up - RESIGN NOW before the last tiny shred of your own integrity has gone (and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here).

Greg had decided prior to today,s game to resign.Greg is an uncomplicated kind of man and says it as it is and the Players and Coaches will miss him.I enjoyed working with him.

who will take the team this week? Bain - ex reserve coach? Westwood - gk coach? New youth coach?

Maybe Derrick?

I can sympathise with Greg Shaw. How can anyone steer the ship when the captain and the crew are trying to unsettle each other. Faults on both sides am afraid, as stubborn as each other. In my opinion and as suggested in previous post if the players revolt then you can say goodbye to your beloved club. See if I am not right, no wonder the club cannot attract a decent manager, who in their right mind wants to be part of a laughing stock. Before I am accussed of being a member of the staff or a protester, I am neither just someone who dosent want to see a local team going to the wall.

Whit about davie hamilton broons pal, ran eastvale did he no and would be a cheap option for broon

Hamilton and hain wot a team the new cloughie and taylor come on mr brown you know it makes sense just like you and your decisions THE WORLDS GONE FUCKIN MAD END IT NOW DROP THE BOMB

Onlooker, I share your concern but if we let things go on there definately would be little chance of EFFC being around in about 2 years or so when our Derrick had slowly demoralised the club and the power station had been knocked down leaving the way open for a tidy profit for the shareholders with DB and his wife being the main beneficiaries.

The way the protest is going shows the depth of feeling not only by the supporters but many others in football with few if any willing to take on the job as manager. Greg Shaw showed us that he was beginning to get the confidence of the players and the beginnings of a successful team. Yet even he is unable to thole the situation at the club and it is not the mound protest that concerned him.

Now is the time that the directors need to take their responsibilities seriously if they want to have a viable club in the future. It is obvious that Brown as chairman or anything to do with the club will make for failure and they need to grasp the nettle and vote him out. Brown will not resign of his own accord as he has not the integrity to perceive that he is the problem and stand down for the good of the club. In his eyes it is he against the world!

When he is gone and it will be soon either gracefully or forced out when new revelations are revealed then a new beginning will bring about a rejuvenation of the club particularily if the club involves the supporters in its rebirth.

EFFC will not be Derrick Brown's pension...

To be continued.

I hoped there would be a good support for Jim's protest, but I couldn't have dreamed that even the goddamn manager would join in. A huge victory for those wanting change and, for Derrick... egg all over your pus.

Nice one Greg.

East Fife 1 D'icks Ego 0

Go for it, I take your points on board, but I dont know if its possible for the board to vote the chairman out due to the amount of shares he and his wife hold not to mention the proxy votes for the major shareholders. A vote of no confidence by Hain Hamilton or Mackay would just see them out the door like Marshall therefore they are probably just biting their tongues and the more the protesters humilitate them, they are then pig in the middle. What everyone needs is a Brookes Mileston or a big lottery win to buy out Rankine and Twigg. Hope this is resolved soon as without being able to attract a good manager and decent players the end is nigh.

Greg
You had an almost impossible job to do. You were correct to quit when you did, nothing to do with your ability as a coach, everything to do with the little dictator and his lickspittle fellow directors.
Best wishes for your future career...

just to let you all know that greg's decision was basically due to the chairman's attitude towards him and the players. the man has no ambition for the club and everyone now realises this.

from a players point of view, not one player in the dressing room wants to be at this club just now. shawza was a nice guy but i don't think he was confident enough in himself to take the job on, and he knew it, but his honesty has to be admired. what he did do though, was bring a dressing room back together after jim had divided it, nearly beyond repair.

at the moment the club is like an episode of faulty towers, and the game is a sideshow, as greg said. what are the players to do now? take their own training untill the board stop farting about and get a manager? then again, what manager is going to come to this club with 4 games to go, with players who simply can't see the end of this crap season come quickly enough and try to build a team/club again? the problem is upstairs and it has been said before, but while the chairman is there, the club will never progress further than the bottom end of the 3rd division.

I feel really sorry for the players at the moment but I hope they realise why we are doing the protest. Shaw, got the team playing decent football and maybe if we had a chairman and a board of directors who cared for the club he would do a decent job.

The majority of the players will not be here next season and are probably not enjoying playing just now but even though we are venting our anger at Brown and the board the players have our 100% backing. We will always support every player in the Black and Gold.

Any chance of seeing Greg on the mound for the next home game?
That would really get up Broons nose, and would also be useful publicity.
Only if he was up for it though.