Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bad karma

I've got a bad karma about how things are working out or not working out, depending on how you view things.

No manager, and by the sound of things , nothing pending. Who will (want to)coach the team in the remaining games? Are there any SFA rules about someone being responsible for team affairs? Are we playing into DB's and his cronies hands whatwith dwindling attendances, unrest amongst us plebs, shareholders rubbing their hands at the thought of the club folding ? How many players will leave at the end of the season and who on earth in their sane state of mind would want to sign up for EFFC for next season ? Junior players earn more. Okay, our reputation and name are a thing of the past, these days have come and gone and we should not kid ourselves that things return but my main worry is that EFFC will be dead and buried within a not too distant future. I fail to understand how shareholders can just stand back and apparently simply do nothing about the state of play unless they have ulterior motives and not the best at heart for the club. My karma is that they will pull the plug and that's us like Clydebank, Third Lanark, Airdrie only difference is that EFFC is debt free so it would not be a voluntary liquidation. So what is going on? Ther are many examples of shareholders being unhappy about the way the chairman has handled company matters and steps were taken to remedy the situation but till now zero, zilch, nada, nothing. So shareholders , come clean and do something.

Re: Bad karma

what is the problem here? brown's rotten empire is crumbling around him, before your very eyes, and you think this is something to worry about?

this is what everyone on the mound is working to achieve. please try to see this as a positive development on the way to a better future

just who picks the team next week should be of no concern to any supporter. the short term doesn't matter. if the club loses every remaining game this season, so what? nothing is at stake on the playing field this season. all that matters is that the boil is lanced, crucially in time for next season

greg shaw's resignation has upped the stakes. headline news on all third division reports. every club in the land now knows what the problem is. it's a big breakthrough

the club's true supporters are winning. take a step back and you will see that

Surely the majority shareholders should and could lance the boil, and should have a long time ago . So why are they waiting ? Is he a puppet on a string and just going through the motions or is he being manipulated to do what others want ?

Exiled,just take the share issue fir one example.He said they'd get the shares six months down the line.The trust thought they would,there members thought they would and so did the non trust members beleive this would happen.What did Broon do?,he U-TURNED.He thinks, and is probablly telling anyone who is willing to listen,that this is about results."If i can get a winning team on the park,they'll be back".Its now far to late for Broon.His time is up.Shareholders are bound to know this now,and hopefully he will be gone sooner rather than later.The down side ov all ov this,is the money the club is loosing with this man still in charge.Next season i fear will be a "wash oot" affore its begun!!!

Brown's comments about "getting a winning team on the park" are laughable anyway, this is the man who turns away thousands of pounds because he feels it will put his blazer in danger, he has no ability or desire to generate funds to spend on the team, and he is now the sole reason that EFFC loses around £1000 at every home game. There is more chance of Gary Glitter being appointed showbiz editor in The Sun than Brown getting a winning team at Bayview.

Tragic, but true.

Never write off my pal Gary