Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The “what happens then question” - The Facts

On the day of the march I personally delivered letters to Mr Hamilton, Mr Hain and Mr Mackay requesting a meeting with our action group in order to discuss our plans and reach some common ground. We set a very reasonable deadline of 7 days, yet we only received one phone call the following week from Mr Hamilton to say that they “had not spoken about it yet”.

We were very disappointed that these directors had made no attempts to even get in touch and decline our offer (at least we would have known where everyone stood), a second letter was delivered on Saturday (1st) with a further request to get in touch with us. This was also ignored.

They say we have "no answers", I would ask them how do they know? They have made no effort to speak to us at all, now they have put their name to this scathing attack on the fans.

This is a dark dark day in the history of our club.

Re: The “what happens then question” - The Facts

we're not unfamiliar with dark days igor.

don't be down about this. even if talks had taken place, you can see from this 'statement' that you would have been wasting your time. let's not be distracted. concentrate on removing the cancer from the heart of the club.

I share your dissappointment and anger,Igor.It has been suggested to me that as an ex director I should not being involving myself.If I stood by and let incompetence and sheer bloody mindedness destroy this Club of ours I would never forgive myself.

Quite right guys, we will keep up this fight for our club and we will win

dave, say it loud, say it proud. we're all with you

The statement on the official website is an absolute disgrace.

Time to go after the shareholders I say.

Are they all so thick to think that slagging off your dissatisfied customers is the way to win them back.

If so, I am amazed that Andy Hain has a successful business if he believes this is the way.

Stewart K

Certainly raises doubt in my mind.

QUOTE - Michael Flett - "Time to go after the shareholders I say"

Yeah? - Go for it.......give me your words of wisdom then?????

Hi Gillian

As a shareholder a rational assumption is that you are looking for a return on your financial investment.

This return could take many forms but in a normal commercial environment the movement on share price is a "proxy" for calculating this return.

The value of your shares would normally increase if there is a medium to long term view in the market that net assets will increase or that fixed assets will be sold at a price which is not reflected in the current balance sheet. This information does not appear to be in the public domain .

I can only assume that you, as an individual shareholder, have this information. I hope not, because as a member of the EFST (and indirectly a shareholder) my colleagues tell me that they are not privy to this information and this state of affairs would certainly "put me on enquiry" as to a possible breach of minority shareholder rights.

If as a shareholder you are not looking for a financial return on your investment but the "feel good" factor of being part of a succesful football club then I would question your judgement in allowing the current management to provide this outcome.

Either way it is certainly time for shareholders to let us, the paying customers, know where their key objectives fit. If they do not then I and many others will continue to withhold monies and resource from the company which will negate both the financial and "feel good" objective.

As it appears the shareholders are not willing to make their executive accountable then it is beholden to us, the paying customer/supporter/fan, to "go after the shareholders" for answers. You guys are the company and the board are your responsibilty.

You'll have to do better than that, Michael. What is happening that we shareholders should be worried about? The club/company will always be there so long as even a few of you pay at the gate.

Get the message? Don't go after the shareholders, who won't do anything. Go after the blacklegs who are still paying money to the club. Picket the turnstiles at the next home game and get the crowd down to the old Clydebank levels. Then I'll start to get worried.

To Another shareholder;
You should be worried right now not in months to come,broon and the rest of the directors are tearing this club to pieces can you not see that?
Do something about it NOW

Another Shareholder

You are of course correct.
I am not aware of any financial crises at the moment but I do know from many years experience that unless you keep a close eye on your cash flow, normally at the minimum of 13 weeks ahead, you can suddenly find yourself out of business wthout realising it.
I am not confident that you guys as shareholders are fully informed of pending crises (financial or otherwise). Maybe you should ask some questions or the few who pay a the gate will be unable to sustain the current and projected "cash burn".

We have one home game left, the income from that along with what comes in from the Black and gold will hardly be enough to pay the wages and bills in April let alone till August.
A well run club financially, time will tell!!!

To: another shareholder,

To put it simple terms, the season has 1 more home game left, after that the club must pay all the monthly bills from somewhere.
As it stands, there is little or no income, due to the decrease in gate receipts and sponsorship.
Talking from experience, the cost cutting method being employed at bayview at the moment does not work. The level of service ( remember as a football club, we are providing a service to our customers )has deteriorated over the past 2 years both on and off the park, Customer relations are at an all time low.
"User freindly" is a term you will find in everyday language, can you say that at the moment, East Fife Football Club is user freindly. Information is spares, the chairman is unapproachable, unless it is to air his views. The club needs a recognisable figurehead, not an "apex of ridicule"

Let's not forget it's not all about what the club's current revenue is - it's about what it would be under proper leadership!

My dad, uncle and his brother pay there money into the ground as they want to watch foobtall. They have supported East Fife for over 150 years between the 3 of them. If you want to call them blacklegs do so, but if I find out who you are I'll throw you over the sea wall because you my friend have no repsect for people like them. Fair enough they don't fully appreciate what Brown has done as they have never really read this truelly 'factful' website, but because of this they shouldn't be allowed to enter the ground. Honestly mate think about what you are saying it is people like you that are causing more trouble. At a time where unity amongst all the fans is crucial you are encouraging people to turn against the fans in the stand

That was a reply to another shareholder (forgot to mention)

Cash flow will certainly become a problem if the club have met Baikies wage demands which were over £450 per week between him and his Assistant. I pretty sure he'll have demanded a contract as well which the previous Manager didn't have which means he won't be so easy to get rid of without paying up the remainder of his contract.

Michael Flett - Shares have been in the family since the days of Scott Symon. Haven't made 1 penny in over 50 years and I certainly dont expect to now!

Heard about the web-site and I thought I would drop by.......

I, like most other shareholders in their respective football clubs, do not buy shares in the hope of receiving a regular dividend or huge profit from takeovers etc.We buy them because we love our team and feel part of it. Having said that, we are entitled to expect the board of directors to act in the best interests of the business, OUR BOARD DO NOT!!!!!!!!!

Words fail me.
Do any shareholders actually go to Bayview?

Are you guys content to see our famous wee club go bust, rather than co-operate with the fans? Because without a fan base, East Fife are doomed. Any the fan base is being eroded every single day that the current chairman/board remains in charge. We are the last, the LAST of the fans. From 4-5000 a week only 30 years ago. Now down to a few hundred, and that's being generous.

Appoint a new chairman. Somebody with a wee bit of vision. Experience. Class. Manners. Brains. It's not difficult. All we are asking for is co-operation, and modest ambition. Looking forward to the day we can compete with Dunfermline? No. I'm looking forward to the day we can compete with Cowdenbeath!!!

Shareholder

I understand and applaud your family's investment, I too have investments which are of a "non financial" nature, but what about the "feel good" factor?
Are you not concerned about how we play football, our medium to long term football vision, our reputation in the community and the wider world?