Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The appointment of David Baikie

This is the first time I have posted here. I do NOT agree with the protests although I'm beginning to worry about the direction the club is going.
What I am saying is the directors are not ALL in agreement with Derrick. Have some faith in them, they are in a difficult position.
The appointment of the new manager was by a majority decision of the board and not all the directors were aware of the statement issued on the website.

Re: The appointment of David Baikie

I strongly suspected as much going on personal experience!!!!

Then why not 'leak' this info to the media?

Then why not 'leak' this info to the media? Or resign

TAKE A HIKE INSIDER THE BOARD ARE ALL SPINELESS TOSSERS, AND I SUSPECT YOU ARE CONNECTED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY. SO IT,S TOO LATE TO TRY AND GAIN SOME SYMPATHY OR TRUST . IN MY OPINION THE BOARD HAVE HAD PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITY LATELY TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, BUT DECIDED TO BACK BROWN. A BIG MISTAKE! ONLY DAVE MARSHALL HAD THE GUTS TO CHALLENGE BROWN, BUT YOU COWARDS FAILED TO BACK HIM. SO IN 3 WORDS GET TAE F**K

The direction of the club ????????

Here are a few basic questions:
What are the club doing to meet the needs of their existing customer base whatever is left) - customer Focused

What are they doing to attract new customers / fans

What are they doing to attract corporate / business sponsorship.

What are they doing to attract new investment

What are they doing to develop the business , brand eg diverification (kids coaching schools during the holidays, possible sports bar , gym etc within the stadium etc, EFFC TV ..you may laugh however there are a lot of fans over around the world)

I could go on....however see no evidence of anything relating to the above.

Issue: No direction
Cause: Chairman/Board
Solution: Removal

HD you raise some very pertinent issues.
If I was a shareholder I would be very concerned about my investment for a number of reasons.

You mention the attraction of local sponsorship etc and I have to report a conversation I had at the weekend with a recent game sponsor. He told me that he thought the set up at EF was really good. Nice stadium, good lunch, enjoyed the 'tour' and was particularly impressed by the Young Fifers room. On being shown round the boardroom he met Deek who said , nothing....no welcome not even an acknowledgement that he was there or even a thank you! As a business owner himself, he was appalled by the attitude of our beloved leader. Needless to say he will not be sponsoring any more games. He has since contacted me to reaffirm and underline this view in the light of the new appointment.
This individual is a successful businessman who is interested in football, surely someone who we need to reach out to not shun?!
If the football matters so little, and the shareholders are happy, what's the catch? Could only be the land would be my guess. I guess that knowledge might make a shareholder less worried about their investment and whether or not Deek makes a complete prat of himself and drags the club down too?

Derrick Brown is no businessman,never has been and never will be. Apart from being an arrogant,ignorant b@stard,he doesn`t have the brains or people skills to be able to communicate with anyone that has made a success out of their life.
Maybe it is jealousy,due to the fact that all he has achieved in his working life is licking stamps.

I heard a whisper on the mound on Saturday that the board were not as united as Brown likes to make out.
If "Insider's" information is correct then this is good news for the protesters.
Martin is correct however. Speak to the press whoever you are. Dave Marshall's revelations about the goings in recently have added to our cause.
Spill the beans...