Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Whatever happened to Craig bernard??/

Whatever happened to the once great cardboard box
carrying fan Craig Bernard?? Having moved from Buckhaven
some 10 years ago to go and do the governments
dirty work in other countries(British Army) i haven't
been able to attend many games but when on leave i always
ventured down to bayview, But only recently
since leaving the forces have i been able to attend a
few more games. On attendance at these games i have
noticed 1 major absentee Craig Bernard, He is the man
we need on the mound as his barracking would be relentless
through the 90 minutes and he was always good for morale
when we looked to be down and out
Craig could always put a smile back on peoples faces,

So where is he now???

Re: Whatever happened to Craig bernard??/

I seem to recall something about him going to see the Rovers, may be wrong?

Craig always did change his time more than his
underwear one week it'd be rangers the next Celtic
but i'd still regard him as a better
fan of the club than DB,

Meant team not time

Craig Bernard is a true Bayview Hero. He had the ability to make everyone laugh and mostly with him, not at him. I think he doesn't go to the games because he works on a Saturday. You are right though, Bayview is not the same without someone shouting Weegie Scum at the opposing fans, even though they come from Stirling or Inverness.

Spot on Gavin,

I can remember those trips to the Brown Bear
in Berwick and everywhere else when he used
to get everywhere going, I'm surprised the guy
had a voice left after the amount of singing
and chanting that he used to do during games.

I stumbled across wee Craig yesterday in Kirkcaldy High Street, and he is still alive!

I passed Craig on Victoria Road about 4 years ago. It was a Saturday evening and he was blurting out "Rover's Bastards" to passers by.

Superb! What better way to spend a Saturday night in Kirkcaldy...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brilliant !!!

I remember one midweek, freezing, winter game at the old Bayview when we scored a late winner (or equaliser) he went mental, jumped up, lost his footing on the treacherous, icy terracing (right up the back behind the goals) and rolled down the steps to nearly the bottom.

He got up, still celebtating. I was young, but remember thinking 'he could've killed himself'.

Everyone was shaking his hand when he got up at this feat.

I saw him on a bus once and recognising me from Bayview he said "You're still not going to watch that shite are you, you should be watching the Rovers!"

Strange as he was always viciously anti-Rovers.

see Craig a lot he is at college in St Brycedale not sure what hes doing
didnt see him on sat in buckhaven but sure as hell heard him singing his heart out
he is playing bowls outdoor and i think indoor too so that has been taking up his time inbetween visiting all the local pubs i think