Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Let,s Persuade Insider

Insider
It is fairly obvious from your post last night that you realise that Derrick ,s removal would be in the best interest of East Fife F.C
As soon as that realisation hit me,Insider,I knew I had to do what I could to see Derrick removed.I truly hope you will do the same.Something you can take my word on is that you will feel so much better about yourself if you do.
More constructive persausion will follow from supporters keen for your assistance in removing Derrick so that WE can ALL begin to move OUR Club forward.Please listen to them.

Re: Let,s Persuade Insider

The gossip has it that the directors are reluctant to remove Derrick as they are wary of what may follow.
We have asked the directors to meet us, without success, to discuss and explore the way ahead.We would wish to repeat that invitation and assure them that they would receive all the necessary courteousy from supporters whose only desire is to be able to stop the protest and be involved in the recovery of their Club.The process will begin the instant Derrick has gone.

Are the directors maybe just naive as to the correct procedure required to remove Derrick?

Perhaps you could help out here Dave?

At a board meeting or EGM,I take it it's one member one vote and shares held can't come into it? If that is the case then the current board could easily dispose of the thing currently masquerading as a chairman.

EFFC Board what are you waiting for?

I presume the statement on Monday was the work of Derrick and Derrick only, as there is no way the board collectively could have sanctioned that joke of a press release.

O/T Why is Derrick so called when his name is John?

Hold on ...

If Brown is removed as chairman against his proxy's wishes, all he has to do is call an EGM to hit back. At the EGM, it is one vote per share. No prizes for guessing what would come next.

That is why the rest of the board are scared. They know that Brown's backers could give him the power to come in and remove them. But here we have the crux of the matter - they are more worried about their own position than the long-term good of the club.

Of course, in any other company or any other football club, the chairman would realise immediately that his position was untenable and walk away. Derrick will not recognise this. He will turn on his enemies, remove them, and find that the only people left in the boardroom are himself and his wife. And his game will be up.

Sorry I may have confused things here. What I meant was at board meetings it's 1 vote per director. I appreciate that at EGM's or AGM's it is number of shares held.

I have read the Articles of Association and can't figure how to call an EGM should the current directors fail to boot John out.

Anyone enlighten me?

I enquired of the board if as a ex director I could call for an EGM and was told I had no powers at all in that capacity.
I would assume as a shareholder working with others I do have that power.I will seek advice on the matter.