Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OT - Breaking News. Bird Flu in Fife ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4881526.stm

Anyone know where about in Fife ? It's headlines on the BBC main front page

Re: OT - Breaking News. Bird Flu in Fife ???

Anstruther

Aye BBC say around Cellardyke

We are all going to die.

Probably not Igor but many lives and livlihoods will be affected

woops, excuse my spelling

Bird flu - nonsense. There is no crisis in Anstruther. The Board are as one on this. These viruses will never win. I blame the fans.

We have no idea why these birds are dying, they have not answered the "why should we stay alive" question, I would urge them to stop dying immediately, they will fail.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A BIGGER GIANT CHICKEN THAN ME, YOU ARE NOT, YOU ARE NOT!

Will the bird flu reach Largo Road??

Don't talk a load of Lies. Absolute Lies!

Igor, you're right we are going to die, just a matter of when. Unless you're immortal that is!

What happened to that chicken that tried to run on my pitch the other week? Does he travel home via Cellardyke? This better not spread to Kenny Mackay's fish, I tell you. Or I'll... I'll... I know - I'll issue another statement, that's what I'll do.

They're lucky they're even still on the go, these birds. It's only 6 years since they were 48 hours away from having their electricity cut off. Me and my pals saved them then you know.

That's what the fans get for swanning about on the mound. It's time they took my advice and flu away.

Lunches are available in the restaurant prior to the match for only £10. Book early to avoid disappointment.

Also available soup, stovies and manky swan burgers.

Any player sent off for fowl play will now have to be vetted by the referees committee.

On a serious note,if your out walking around the coast and find a dead bird,don't touch it and get in contact with local athoritise.I recone that there will be a few cases ov bird flu in wild ducks around this area.The swan found was prob a Mute swan,the more common ov the 3 swans you get in this country.The chances are that it has flown from Germany.It might just be a icolated case,but mute swans usually fly in small parties ov up to 10-12 birds,so if the others have reached the mainland,there will prob be more cases in the next month or two.

Has now been confirmed as H5N1 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4882946.stm

More birds found dead in a park in Glasgow
are being tested,

Nothing really to worry about though as the common
cold and flu kill more people a year in Britain
than this virus has killed in the entire
world since it's been detected.

Give it a chance to get started!

Get the Chicken along to Anstruther or Cellardyke
Then we might get a bit National coverage for our
Campaign it's a media circus along there.

Enfifer - did ye see yer hoose on the telly? Ma faither got interviewed by STV efter somebuddy telt them he kens a'thing aboot a'thing, bit a didny see him on the news. I expected tae see Coolie Deas gettin' interviwed as weel dressed in his 'Reaper' uniform!
Forfar Fifer - yer Grandfaithers hoose wis on it tae!
A thocht it wis a bit risky tae send Jackie BIRD along tae dae the report fur the BBC. Mind you, she wrapped up warm wi' a wooly hat an' scarf so she widny catch it!

I a seen ma mithers hoose Jim,but at least she didn'y hay er washing oot this time!!!Never seen yer fether on the telly ether.They interviewed "locals" but they au hid ENGLISH accents.Jist is weel Forfar Fifers uncle Eck didn'y see it,he'd be gaun tits!!!Coolie un Elsie selt there hoose Jim.They sty along bi the "craws" noo.Jist a wee word fer ye though.Alister Reek wiz telling mi the hoose next ti ma mithers is gaun up fer sale it......200k.There ye go Jim,wi au they books ye sell,your the man fer THAT hoose!!!!

Aye, I saw it on the news too. We've been trying to get him to get the hoose pentit for ages, my mum was black affronted seeing the state it's in (at least there are no canoes etc in the garden as apposed to next door!)

On the subject of Eck, I spoke to him yesterday and some of the lads he was working with in Shetland told people not to go near him because he was from Cellardyke! Of course, with Eck having the great sense of humour that he has, he just laughed it off!!!!!!

Enfifer, you're right about the interviewees, apart from one old man I noticed 3 English and 1 German accent. Dykers beware

They're aw ootsiders in Cellardyke noo. Wis that no yer washin' hingin' oot Goonie. A definitely saw the Spiders strip on the line.

Dyker,I'm a wee bit to auld ti be gaun aroond wearing a spidermans outfit!!!!!

Que?