Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Baikie Calls For Peace At Bayview

ITV TELETEXT P473
New East Fife manager Dave Baikie has set his sights on winning promotion next season,provided off-field issues at the club don,t drag on.
Fan protests at chairman Derrick Brown and the sacking of Jim Moffat were followed by the resignation of caretaker Greg Shaw at the weekend.
Baikie said;"Hopefully the fans and board can unite behind the players.We need stability.

Re: Baikie Calls For Peace At Bayview

Was just going to post that because its in the record through here.
I`ll tell you what it says in the record.
"New East Fife boss Dave Baikie yesterday issued a plea for the fans to rally round the troubled club.
He took over this week after caretaker Greg Shaw quit and fans have been demonstrating against the chairman and board.But Baikie,who is worried the situation will affect his players,wants a new start and asked supporters to back the Bayview side"

We`ll back the players and new manager but not the current board.
We always have backed the players and have backed the management team since Moffat got sacked.

But after that statement released on Monday night by the board there is no hope in hell that board will be getting our backing.

Agreed.
Stability wont happen by meekly paying our money and clapping politely. It'll only happen when we get our shares and get shot of DB.

I hope Baikie at some point will have a look at this web site then he might relise what he has stepped into, as for the fans uniting with the board,there is more chance of hell freezing over!
The board have had opportunity time and time again to sort this mess out and have point blank refused.
Dave Baikie will soon relise for himself 1st hand why were are doing what we are doing soon enough.
We will however back the management team and players 100% but the protests will continue until brown is removed its as simple as that.

By DB I meant Derrick Broon, not Dave Baikie.

Let's be accurate. What Baikie said also was "I don;t know what it's all about". Exactly the same head-in-sand attitude we saw from Jim Moffat. Baikie should be told speedily what it's all about and that he'll need to decide equally speedily if he's with the supporters or with Broon. It can't be both.

Baikie and Irons both held a meeting with us when they started at Cowden. I'm sure they'll meet you guys if asked.

Good shout, Vince! A meeting with Baikie would be a good idea

This isn't Baikie's problem. He's asking for unity, which he's quite entitled to do. He's just asking the wrong people.He'll find out the issues soon enough, give the guy a chance to get the office door open, ffs.

We wont gain anything by making him take sides. Let him do his job, and he'll have my 100% backing.

Mine too. Whilst not agreeing with his appointment (for reasons not connected with football), now that he is our manager he deserves our support along with players.

Yes what he did was out of order, and the fact he was steaming is no excuse for a guy his age.
Naughty naughty naughty.

But these things happen, and I'm sure he's learned his lesson. Let him get on with it. He was the best applicant, as far as I'm concerned, and his track record speaks for itself. Nothing to be gained by going over old ground, it's not as if he's a murderer or a pervert.

Let's get on with it? Its over and done! If you were related to the victim I wonder if you be as forgiving? Just like Blair and Bush if they had had some near connection to the bombing in Britain would they have been so keen to inflict it on the innocent people of Iraq. Still as the say the only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing.

In relation to the "Rix" question and Brown's involvement, it does call into question the judgement of this appointment. Also with the number of call offs on applications for the manager's job I suspect he was the only applicant left and with Greg Shaw's departure it seems like a panic decision. I also suspect the reason for his continued application was because nobody else would touch him.

Still as you say it's done now and I hope he has learnt his lesson. The club needs more bad publicity like it needs a dinosaur like Brown at the helm>