Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Official Web Site

Have a look at the latest words of wisdom from Herr Broon !!!!!

Re: Official Web Site

He's lost it........

He has gone mad!

"The Board of Directors would be happy to meet with a representative of the protestors to explore the way forward."

Well I put my phone number on both sets of letters delivered on 18th March and 1st April and have heard all but nothing...

Unbelievable!!

And I thought he didn't read the forums?

One representative vs the whole board. He certainly likes the odds stacked in his favour! Still shows massive dislike of the trust. There goes your shares. As if it wasn't already a foregone conclusion.

I didn't know Eugene was on the trust board.

And why didn't they choose to list the "number of blatant misrepresentations" ?

And where are all the "shocked" and "right-thinking people"?

Certainly I am "shocked" but its nothing to do with the protesters!

i warned you a few days the man needs to be tagged and certified, he has illusions of grandeur and his behaviour is becoming increasingly unstable.

The board:

Get yourself a good PR firm or at the very least a bad PR firm!

The shareholders:
Heads need to roll on this one.

Just returned from a Supporters Club meeting full of intelligent,reasoned discussion.I left feeling good.
I suspect the very opposite was the case during and after the board meeting that produced that drivel.
Board, do you realise what you are actually doing? I suspect not.

Is Derrick on drugs? Seriously?

hahahahahahahaha what a feckin lunatic

but seriously - what a feckin loony and dangerous with it, dont mean in a kneecap way, he just disnae have a clue

Its obvious the publicity is getting to him so much so he has issued two statements in a week. I say he, although the statements quote the board, as I am sure they read as his thought for which he has got the board to agree. He is pushing through his vendetta with the trust although the trust as an organisation has been very circumspect and any comments made by trust members are specified as not representing the trust. Anyone can see his visable intense dislike of some members of the trust but why does he not say so and not tar the whole trust with the same brush.

The offer to meet "a representative of the protestors" is an obvious ploy to take some heat out of the situation and gain time. This is now done although he knows perfectly well that there is only one thing we want, and by making this offer he hopes to gain some sympathy from the media and others who do not know what he is like.

Would be laughable if it wasnt so serious.

Maybe all these "right minded people" are the same "hundred women" who phoned DB about Graham Rix.

This is really pathetic, anyone still associated with this shower should really question whether they want to be taintd by association.

If not, get out now.

As I stated in a January 2006 post D. Brown has no PR
skills.
To me his latest message on the official web site confirms that to me.
How can well over 100 supporters be wrong in the direction he has taken the club and him so righteously correct???????????????????????????
One thing for sure if he held his position here in the states he would be long gone by now.
D. Brown you can win over people with sugar instead of vinegar.
What do I mean by this GET OFF YOUR A-- talk to people and Listen to construtive Criticism.
Who knows for once you may learn a thing or two.
Regarding other directers I met D.Hamilton he came afew times to see if I had enjoyed my tour of the stadium and how was the lunch, at least he spoke to me,unlike our fearless chairman who just said hello.
I also met D. Marshall incidently it was him who got me interested in joining the supporters club, which I havebeen a member for over 3 years now, and I am a lifelong East Fife fan, I started in the Niven, Laird Stewart, T Adams era.

These ambitious plans the board of directors will release soon enough.
I think everyone can more or less see what these plans are going to be:A plastic pitch.

As someone who plays football if you asked me grass or plastic pitch i would say grass everytime.
So i would think part-time and full time players are going to say a grass pitch

The board are obviously trying to extend an olive branch to the protesters or at least seem eager to make it look this way.

It would be stupid to burn this bridge before you even come to it.

At best, some issues are sorted out and a degree of unity is acheived. At worst, the protesters give reconcilliation a shot and come out looking like the bigger, more mature side.

How can anyone "burn the bridge"? The offer to meet the board came from ourselves, we recieved no offer from the club to meet us other than the remarks in this statement, but it looks like the club want us to come to them to arrange a meeting when we have already done so TWICE in the last four weeks.

Like I said, I put my contact number in both letters, I am still waiting on a call with some sort of proposal, though I wont hold my breath.

This talk of hoping to meet us is probably emptey rhetoric, as someone already said trying to buy time.

Having just read that statement on the webbie, I can only class it as utterly bizzare....

Kev,

You are obviously not a "right-thinking" person then

I realise that you have offered to meet directors already. But by your own admission, you are dealing with people who have all the communication skills of rancid coleslaw.

If the protesters act like the 'bigger man', refrain from constant abuse and are willing to talk when the chance is offered, the worst that can happen is that the club look bad and the protest gathers more support. And all this without the need to print lies in letters to newspapers.

Well we are willing to talk, like I say I am waiting on a phonecall with an offer.

Why wait for a phone call?

The protestors should activley seek a meeting with Derrick Brown and all Board members now, regardless of any attempts in the past. The East Fife Mail should also be informed that the protestors are willing to meet, after this recent press release.

Let's face it, standing on the mound week after week will not acheive the desired result (which should be a successful and healthy club regardless of wheather Brown is involved).

Both statements are clearly aimed at weakening our resolve and trying to cause a split in our ranks.

Does Broon really think that by saying to us that he's not going anywhere and we should just jack it in now that anyone is going to listen?

If this goes into next season we have a whole summer to get bigger, better organised and more successful.

Do agree that we should be setting the pace here though. Don't wait for a phonecall, make a very public further request for a meeting.

Show Brown how leaders should act.

We can win. We WILL win. hell, we're winning already as we clearly have him rattled.

I have just read the statement. It's a pity it manages to get both my name and position wrong.

For the record I made it absolutely clear I was writing in a personal capacity and the newspapers concerned know and accept that when I write as Trust spokesman I describe myself as such - I even use a separate email account!
I am not a member of the Trust board.

I am, however, otherwise delighted to see such nonsense appearing in the club's name. The dafter they look the better.

Hahahaha!

Nice statement Derrick! You have lost the plot! Let's keep up the pressure on Saturday! Who has been sending e-mails to Derrick??

The Rantings of a lunatic....Part 2

Deary me.

He'd be better not saying anything than writing crap like this.Nothing new,more rantings.Theres one thing though.Before i joined the protest i remember him laughing with his son(i think),whilst looking over towards the mound.That got my blood boiling as i saw it un insult to, not just the protesters ,but to East Fife fans in general.I wonder if he's laughing now though.

Entertainment at it's worst.

It would be funny if it wasn't so embarrasing for the man.

I like the attack on the Trust. Hands up how many people are in the Trust . Hands up if the article stated at any point that it was the Trust Board that put that article out........Anyone?? Nope.

EAST FIFE DO NOT DEAL THROUGH THE MEDIA.

The board would be happy to meet with A protestor. Just the one then? I think the protestors have made it clear what they see as the way forward. Is it not the resignation of the Chairman?? I wonder if at any point he has taken that on board.

THE VIEWS POSTED ABOVE ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TRUST AND DO NOT, AT ANY POINT AND NO MATTER HOW IT IS TWISTED, REPRESENT ANY VIEWS OF THE TRUST BOARD. OK, GOT THAT? SHOULD I PUT IT ANOTHER WAY - THIS POST HAS NOWT TO DO WITH EFST AND THE VIEWS ARE PERSONAL BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I AM ON THE TRUST BOARD, I AM STILL ALLOWED MY OWN THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS.

Which is better - Derrick Brown The Movie, or Derrick Brown The Blogger.

At want point does the mental health act come into play?

Can't wait for Saturday now - he's on edge - can we expect an outbust? - get the camera phones on charge!

"Let's face it, standing on the mound week after week will not acheive the desired result "

Well they've already got him shitting himself and spouting, flustered, desperate, laughable statements.

Keep protesting, writing letters etc.