Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
youth players

Many of the youth players are not enjoying this time at the club and are ttl disgusted and want you all to know that a certain Dave Baikie never even popped in our dressing room at training tonight to introduce himself!We feel unwanted at this club and do not even know if Derrick Broon wants a youth team!

Re: youth players

We want you.

Look forward to seeing you all at the Supporters Club Player of the Year Dance.

Thats pritty shocking!!!Whats a couple o minutes to say "hi" and intruduce his self.Hopefully at the next training sesh he'll put this right.Talk aboot starting off on the wrong foot all the same!!!!!!

I agree it would have been better if Mr Baikie had intrduced himself, but lets give him a chance to settle in before we start looking for resons to criticise him

We have not been invited to this dance. Maybe will b b4 the date tho, doubt it.

All youth team players are being givin the oppertunity to get tickets for £5 each. Unfortunatly the Supporters club dont have the funds to give them the tickets for free,so a 50% discount is the best we can do

This person called crawbag is not me. Anyone that knows me knows that im working hard to get a contract next year hopefully. I would not be on here to slag the manager as I have only known him for 1 night.
As for the player of the year dance, i have sorted it with brian so that the young boys are getting to go for 5 pounds as he brought up at the meeting on thursday. i have already got my ticket to go.

You have wisdom beyond your years young Robert.

Can I get my ticket for a fiver too????

Its for under 19s , Caroline. Not under 21s.

not much point there not the best. If they had a bit more money they would be much more succesful and more appealing to people.

Would it not be a good idea for all protesters etc to join the Supporters Club.
When Broon is gone we can all get back to supporting the team,buses for away games etc.

I haven`t been a member for years,but will be renewing my membership.

Craw, we know nufin bout these tickets. Please inform us asap. We r playin 4 contracts 2. ha

In past seasons the Management were of the opinion that the young players should not attend the POYD.The Supporters Club went with this decision. It appears that that restriction does not apply this year.We are more than pleased to invite you guys but for financial reasons we need to ask £5 per ticket, sorry.If you see Bryan he will sell you tickets.

Robert

How many players in the Youth Squad?

bout 15 michael

Mike,fancy going halfs to pay for the youth players?

Y u wonderin darlin?

east fife is a fuckin joke

Tam
Good idea.
How about putting the hat round on the mound. These kids shouldn't have to pay...

Tam

Absolutely!
See you at the game tommorow?

Robert/Cargi

See Brian for your tickets. (OK with you Tam?)

gogz
You taking over the Brian Fairbairn role?

See what what we can do when we stick together?

Will see you tomorrow Mike.

Brian

I'll square Davie up tommorow if you can issue the tickets to the lads.

Don`t know about anyone else,but considering the doom and gloom surrounding our current situation,it is absolutely fantastic that the fans are all becomimg more and more united.
Derrick Browns downfall is bringing us all closer together and I personally feel a real community spirit amongst us all.

Well done everyone,I for one am proud to be a REAL supporter.

P.S That`s fine with me Mike.

gogz biz cargi joe
u will b findin out bout these tickets on sun as brian was only able to speak to james after training on thurs
but i would rather u didnt use my name to but over ur comments on east fife and the new manager

Goodness prevails again.

Robert, we never posted ne thing about the new manager under ur name, james told me about tht yesterday in a txt n we never cn it until lst nte.