Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Courier again

East Fife appeal for calm repeated

EAST FIFE’S board of directors have called on protesting fans to return to New Bayview in the wake of continued demonstrations against chairman Derrick Brown.

Several supporters who have vented their anger in recent weeks contacted The Courier to express their dismay at Monday’s board statement which branded the protests “nothing short of disgraceful” and a “stain on the club’s name.”

But despite appeals for calm by club officials and new manager Dave Baikie, the situation seems far from resolving itself with both sides remaining steadfast in their stance.

With fans again speaking out against the chairman in yesterday’s Courier, the board has reiterated its call for everyone to work together and said it would be happy to meet a protest representative as soon as possible.

“The board would echo the comments made by our new manager Dave Baikie following his appointment that this situation is not going to be resolved by the protesters and board being at war,” a board statement read last night.

“The directors would again emphasise that they are fully supportive of each other and are working together for the long-term benefit of East Fife Football Club.”

Re: Courier again

"the board has reiterated its call for everyone to work together and said it would be happy to meet a protest representative as soon as possible."

I met with Brown on Jan 31st (3 days after the 1st protest, 1 month after his attack on the trust, 1 week after the meeting with season ticket holders). One of the items discussed was the protests. Brown "felt sorry for the guy standing there" with his plackard. He mocked the suggestion that 100 people would march through leven high-street. I suggested then that he contacted igor to dicuss the protestor's concerns. This was met with a response of "those people are not East Fife Supporters". I stressed that this is their club. The response - "It is not there club. The club does not belong to them, it does not belong to the supporters, it belongs to those individuals who have invested their money to ensure that an East Fife football club can exist".

This 'work together' line is getting banded about for the umptenth time. It really means 'fall into line'.

"happy to meet a protest representative as soon as possible" - eh, so why haven't you taken the invitation made (& repeated) a few weeks ago.

This is a PR exercise, and I can see right through it.

What action or outcomes have there been from any of the previous 15+ meetings with fans?.... bugger all.

Kots hit the nail on the head with a previous post. Brown goes, then see how the fans and club can work together.

Problem = Derrick Brown.
Solution = Removal.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

I_10, just out of interest (and me being a nosey bugger) in what capacity were you meeting Brown?

I fully understand that this is none of my business and you're entitled to ignore me if you wish!

A meeting to do what? For Derrick to go on a rant about how he is the Second Coming, and how he saved the club, and how we are the naughty nasty supporters that he hasn't listened to as we are not real supporters (or has no intentions of listening too)If that is the type of meeting then f*ck off.
If there was a meeting where Derrick wasn't present and the major shareholders were present to hear the 'truth' Then maybe's I, and maybe's no, depends on the Terms of Reference for the meeting. If it is about removing Brown then Yes.
Unfortunately all that is happening now is the Board are trying to shift the blame to supporters. There have been numerous attempts by all supporters factions to present the 'olive branch' all condemed by Brown and his 'stoogies'

The End Is Nigh Derrick just go, take your ego and your low self esteem and f*ck off. Your neither wanted, needed or loved. Do something honourable for just once in your life.

Personal Views Blah Blah not representative of anyone bar me

Faraday,

I was meeting Brown as a (concerned) individual (nothing to do with Trust, or protest group).

Some time in Jan, DB wrote to all season ticket holders season ticket holders inviting them to a meeting to discuss matters of 'mutual interest'. In the invite he asked that if anyone wished an item to be placed on the agenda, to submit it before hand. I submitted 7 items, they were vaguely discussed at the meeting. The following night I got a phone call from DB asking for a follow up one-on-one meeting to discuss the items further. I accepted and we met on Jan31(with Dave Marshall, Brown &Hamilton). DB had to leave the meeting to attend to player registration. As nothing was concluded or resolved, I had hoped he would seek further meetings. I think his aim of the meeting was to appease me, and gain my services as a volunteer. He achieved neither, so I guess that is why no further discussions have take place. One of the points I tried to labour was the board's poor relationship with the supporters, how this was hurting the club, and how he was in a position to sort it.........his action..... dig up the mound!

Good line Igor, Robbie Williams speaks a lot of sense and Brown is going down that route.

Looks to me like he is losing the media battle too with 2 press releases in a matter of days.

We will win this guys, keep the pressure up! Let's hope for a big and vocal turnout tomorrow.

Joe,

The quote was originally from Gandhi, he started singing a couple of years before Mr Williams think he was in Take That too