Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Exciting Future Ahead

What will it be. Deeks plan to install a plastic pitch and new clubhouse, using council money and grants from public bodies. I for one will be following this with interest. A football club that by the chairpersons own admission, is for shareholders not supporters, accessing public money. That surely will be a newsworthy story, as I'm sure will be the appointment of people to manage this facility. Taking any bets which board memnbers of family members will be employed through taxpayers money

Re: The Exciting Future Ahead

I was also interested in the comments about "the wider levenmouth community", who would that be? The 200-300 folk still turning up to Bayview on a Saturday?

I agree about the pitch though, he's in the process of creating jobs for his clan. This cannot be allowed to happen at any cost, if you put Derrick in charge of any such facility it would be doomed from the start, he couldn't run a bath.

I predicted something like this and half expected an announcement at the AGM. However he had the sense not to produce his plans for the betterment of of the Brown's at the same time as rubbing the trust's nose in it. I also suggested that it would happen probably before the end of the season. Let's hope that the protests have put paid to his "pension" plans if it has not already happened. The other major shareholders could not be so stupid, could they?

He is holding on like grim death.

I think East Fife is going to be Derrick's hobby in his fast approaching retiremrent. This is why he panics at any threat of it being taken away from him. He could be there for years!!!

Derrick has muted on more than one occassion to me that if his contract at F.C was not renewed he would seek to create a full time position for himself at Bayview,if possible.

How much per year do you think Brown would be looking for to pay himself?

I would suggest that the future plans that he discussed at fans meetings incorporating the plastic pitch and new accommmodation opposite the stand would be his chance. This would be accompanied by the plans to generate future revenue from the use of said plastic pitch and changing rooms with possible cafe/restaurant and other sporting activities like Gym/line dancing nights and so many other activities.

This along with the responsiblities of running a football club will definately need at least a full time CEO (also need a personal assistant) with a salary of around 60K and a 12 month rolling contract. This means that in about 2 years time when delays have put back these ambitious plans and it is decided to sell the ground now that the power station has been demolished Mr Brown will have had 2 years salary for doing nothing plus a further year to teminate his contract. He will also walk away with 25% of the selling price of the land and still be a major shareholder. Nice "pension" Ha.

Conspiracy theorists make of this what you can.

Line dancing!!.....

You do not realise how big line dancing is. It is definately the way forward to involve the community in a healthier lifestyle with all that exciting exercise. Remember the last plan our saviour of the community put forward

I can just imagine wee Broon with his Stetson and holster dancin` away.

Facts and figures, are a start, but results are the answer. Broon is the minus factor.

Hey we could get a hired gunslinger to come and end our misery sulk. Derrick beaten to the draw by Ernie the slowest gun in the east.