Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FORTH BRIDGE

Hell the Cellardyke business is really hitting home now.
Apart from the obvious economic problems caused to Fife the East Fife supporters off to East Stirling tomorrow will have to go through all the stringent tests going out of the Kingdom tomorrow. Worse than going to Spain.
So put an extra half hour on your trip. .>> Also for crowd control!!
TA

Re: FORTH BRIDGE

Thanks for that, we will leaving a bit earlier The whole Bird Flu stuff will be hitting us hard soon
Charlie

Dear Tommy, If you wade across the Forth rather than use a bridge, you should be OK. Try and straighten your legs a bit first !!!!

I thought that the only checks were being done in the surveilance zone, i.e. as far as kingsbars to the north and maybe st monans to the west.

I wonder what impact this will have on teh may island? Anyone know the distance out,is it within 10km. Just someone I was speaking to had a visit out there planned, and with the bird sanctuary it isn't the cleverest thing to do at the moment.

It's quicker going via Kincardine Bridge to get to Falkirk I think. That's the way I always go.

Under normal circumstances, the quickest way to Falkirk is over the Forth Road Bridge, and then take a sharp right heading for Bo'ness. Pass through Newton, and keep going until you see a sign for the M9.Take the M9 (from Junction 2) to Junction 5 and head for Falkirk when you come off the slip road. When you get there, turn right at the wee roundabout and past the Falkirk Stadium and fire station, then left at the big roundabout, towards the town centre.
Pass Forth Valley College and take a right at the traffic lights, and you will pass that dodgy pub.
Firs park is on a side street to left.

Surely the polis will only stop you if you're dressed as a chicken!

Get the train. That's what I'm going to do. I've driven to Firs Park about twenty times and about twenty times I've got fupping lost.
The ground is about ten minutes from Grahamston Station with lots of dodgy pubs round about for pre and post match refreshments. There used to be one that had a fish tank in the toilet with nasty looking fish in...

You should get a job as speaker on GPS systems as you seem to have it all at your fingertips.

"In 200 yards (sorry metres) take the second left from the roudabout. When you see a chicken dressed as chairman of EFFC be sure to hit him for a bonus of 1100 shares for the trust"

Faraday - the May Island is about five miles from Cellardyke which is about ... er ... 8 kilometres? Anyway, I'd say it was within 10 kilometres.

Theres nay polis surrounding Cellardyke the nicht ony wy.Came home via St.Andrews ,and not one in sight!!!!Theres no even wan doon it the herber,jist the t.v folk.Typical Anster polis fer ye!!!!