Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bakies first defeat

NO CHANGE THERE! YET ANOTHER DEFEAT TO THE BOTTOM CLUB 2-1

Re: Bakies first defeat

Dearie me !! Irrelevant anyway.

Reports from people there ?
(Protests-wise I mean)

Was Brown there, did he get hell ?

Brown is going to Newcastle for the next home game. (Cowardice?) Shopping with director Betty.

A 'real fan' then.

Especially in these turbulent times.
What a knob-end he truly is.

Can this be true? Derrick ( I'm a bigger supporter than you ) is missing the last home game. No way it's just another smokescreen to try to decrease the number of protesters. Well if he takes the coward's way out, his lieutenants (oops, poodles) Kenny and Davie will just need to bear the brunt of the protest. What about Blobby is he taking in the game or shopping with the Browns? Or has he given up on his investment?

Reasonably good protests, fans were resplendant in campaign t-shirts and banner, although the stewards were ordered to make fans remove their t-shirts, which is frankly unbeleivable.... nobody did though.

The game ended in farce as usual. One fan who shall remain nameless, had words with the directors in the stand, drawing their attention to an article in the Scotsman.He managed to give them a good barracking, backed up by songs from the terracing, despite being heckled by some old guy, possibly a shire director?

About half a dozen East Fife fans then left the stand, just as the stewards realised something was going on. Fans left stand, stewards entered stand, to find nobody there!

They then followed the half dozen guys round to the exit. As it was full time, nobody was giving a damn, but one particularly fat greasy steward grabbed one of the lads OUTSIDE the ground for no apparent reason, and an altercation occurred.I think other fans were manhandled out of the gate around that time too, by other equally fat and stupid stewards.

Then the first fat steward (hope you are keeping up with this!) was rightly surrounded by about 40 fans and told he was right out of order. Especially since it was basically a peaceful 1 man protest.

The end. Dont ask me about the game, it was gash.

Well I live in Newcastle and may well take a stroll into town myself that day and seek him out. Derrick - you will get no peace down here either if I spot you.

Derrick wasn't at today's game cos he was apparently in Newcastle.

I'm sure this was a long organised trip and nothing to do with the Shire not wanting to pay for extra security that was asked for and telling him he'd need to pay for it himself.

As a witness to the stand "incident", I would like to point out that it was reasoned and there was no abuse or swearing involved, just in case this tries to get twisted later on. The point was gotten across that they future of the club lay in their hands and they had the chance to act and do the right thing.

I have also still to hear Hamilton or McKay utter a single word in public!

McKay just looked straight ahead the whole time and Hamilton stood up as if he wanted to say something but the words just wouldn't come out.

To be honest we played well today and created a lot of chances. There goalkeeper looked dodgy at crosses but pulled off 2 superb saves.

Smarty had the ball in the net which would have put us 2-1 up but the referee blew for a foul, which it never was.

No point getting upset about this result. The season was over a few weeks ago. This gives Baikie a chance to look at players he would like to keep next season.

I thought we played well enough in parts and should not have lost the game .It is difficult to concentrate on things football just now with minds focused on other things. Until Derrick is removed this will continue to be the case and not only with the supporters.
I could feel a real sense of disappointment at Derrick,s non appearance today as the supporters feel the end of his tenure is nigh and need to see the deed done.

Let there be no doubt, Derrick will never willingly leave New Bayview.... he has too much to hide. Next target for him is Leona, to save money, with Betty filling in.
He is cashless, clueless and entirely without shame. He needs the expenses.
Given his outburst against the SFA President and Chief Executive its maybe au revoir Brown from the SFA.

Eugene, was that the daughter or a young ladyfriend? She was quite cute!

I thought we played well too but were really lacking on the physical side.
It just seemed to me that every time we went for a ball they got it. And I'm not just talking about the big lads, their number 9 (not tall) was fighting and fighting and winning the ball.

Worth the money though, great to watch the the game from inside the ground and listen to the football type shouts from the likes of Brian Robertson who has never let the obvious facts get in the way at badmouthing the referee and linesmen.

Come on Mike. The goal that was disallowed should have stood - any interference on the keeper was by his own defender.

Eugene

Were you at the same game as me!