Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
financial plight

Re the comment on the 'sixth anniversary of the club's financial plight being so grave that the electricity supply to the stadium was within 48 hours of being cut off. Thankfully, through the actions of the present board of directors, the club is no longer in the financial difficulties.

WHAT EXACTLY DID 'THEY' DO TO AVERT THIS FINANCIAL DISASTER?????

Did they:
Dip into their own pockets and make a large financial contribution to the leccy bill.

New Share Issue / rights issue

Attract new Investment/Sponsorship into the club

Organicaly grow the business, through increased ticket sales, catering turnover etc.

Money Laudering for the Mob.

I would just love to know....The way Chairman Broon goes on, his business acumen must be so good he must be in the running to take over from Sir Alan 'Your Fired' Sugar , for the next series of the apprentice.

' Look Derrick , you come up with the same crap every week, you blame everybody but yourself, your a light weight , and youve gone from anker to w@nker .....YOUR FIRED.

Re: financial plight

They got a bunch of loyal fans to part with a fair wad of cash to pay it. There's no way that any of those muppets had a spare penny to part with.

Hence the Millennium club was formed-13 members I seem to remember.
Incidentally Gordon Dow was Chairman then-with only Dave Hamilton and Ken Mackay being Board Members both then and now.

So, broon wasn't the saviour of the club then?

THATS A LOAD OF LIES.

Are Hamilton and Mackay the only true directors left that have stayed with the club through thick and thin and also the Millenium Club Members?

can you please tell me what is 'true' about hamilton and mackay?

for "stayed with the club through thick and thin" you can read "clung on to their positions and did nothing to stop others from damaging the club beyond repair"

You'd think that a couple like that would actually show that they care about the club.

Didn't Mackay resign from the board for a while anyway?

His wife used to do the buffet in the boardroom.When JDB took over Betty kicked her out so he left.

Well I suppose she's probably been making sandwiches for 50 years. Bigger ones than we could probably make too I'd guess.

Nice to know he won't walk away when the club he apparently supports is in crisis but piss about with his wife's sarnies and then we see his principles.

Says it all. Betty probably was fed up with fish paste ones

Mackays wife (Too good for him btw) can spread my baguette any day!

McKay is a Queen of the south fan, hence his house is named after the ground 'palmerston'