Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Exclusive Interview With A Major Shareholder - PART 2

As promised, we bring you the second and concluding part of the 'Exclusive Interview With A Major Shareholder'

Once again ... it should not be considered as being entirely factual on account of me having obviously fabricated the whole thing...

The Undisputed: Well, East Fife have failed to make the play-offs. Any thoughts?

Shareholder-Type: Oh, I heard Uncle Derrick talking about this. He said it was all Jim Moffat’s fault, and his wife Mrs Moffat. And little Miss Moffat. And Little Jack Horner, and Humpty Dumpty. Then he was just babbling and the nurse came and gave him his medicine and put his special jacket on him.

TU: I see. He must be under pressure, a lot of people are protesting against him.

ST: Yes, one week he thought they were going to come after him at the football match. He said they could have had knives or guns or anything. So he hid in a room and sent Auntie Betty to keep them away.

TU: Yes, I remember. Does Uncle Derrick ever mention the Supporters Trust?

ST: Uh-uh, he says there’s quite a few supporters he’d like to see trussed. What does that mean?

TU: Er, best to ask your mummy. So, have you ever been to East Fife’s ground?

ST: We went there one day and we got to play at Bob the Builder. There was a real bulldozer and everything, but it wasn’t that good cos we didn’t get to go to McDonald’s – we had to take a packed lunch. Oh yeah, and we weren’t allowed to buy the stuff out of Mr Patel’s corner shop for some reason.

TU: Right. Well, enough about all that. Did you have a wee bet on the Grand National?

ST: No, I’m not really old enough to bet, and mummy says betting’s bad because you should never put money into something if you have a chance of losing it.

TU: Hmmm, interesting. So mummy doesn’t let you bet, then?

ST: Well, she says I can bet on Dumbarton when they play East Fife next season. She said that’s what’s known as a safe bet.

TU: I think she might be right.

Well, thanks for your time, I’ll let you get off to your party now. Are you looking forward to it?

ST: It could be really good. If only the clown doesn’t hang around for too long.

TU: My sentiments exactly.

Goodbye and thanks.

Re: Exclusive Interview With A Major Shareholder - PART 2

Fantastic!

tremendous!

We want more! We want more!

Excellent.

If you ever feel they should have a wider audience email me and I'll do my best.