Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AFTN at the SFA

Don't know if i'm the first to find it(probably not)
but a promotion issue of AFTN dated 1996 is on the
SFA website, Maybe that's why broon isn't too happy
about the way the SFA is being run.

Re: AFTN at the SFA

Sorry forgot the link

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?curpageid=418

Is there any way to get all of the back issues and publish them in a Viz-like compliation annual? I have lots of them but am missing loads.

Do all the issues still exist ? Another fundraising possibility....

I'd buy one !!!

I always remember Casper the 'unfriendly' ghost cartoon
HAHA

One of my favourite front covers was the "Out before Murray Who'd've beleived it" featuring hostage John McCarthy returning to Britain.

That's pretty bizarre to have that in the article as it doesn't seem to have anything to do with East Fife or AFTN!

Still nice to see that the SFA welcome the evil that is AFTN. Sure Deek will see about getting that taken down!

I still have some back issues of AFTN kicking about. If anyone wants one I'll bring them along on Saturday, with all money raised on Saturday going to the cause.

After that I'll stick them on the site and you can order them mail order when I get the classifieds section up and running next season.

50p an issue or 3 for £1 on Saturday.

Dug them out and here's what I have (if anyone needs any of these specific issues for their collection let me know and I'll keep a copy back for you):

Issue 4 (5 copies)

Issue 5 (5 copies)

Issue 11 (4 copies)

Issue 12 (5 copies)

Issue 13 (4 copies)

Issue 14 (5 copies - with Stewart's fave cover!)

Issue 15 (5 copies)

Issue 16 (5 copies)

Issue 17 (5 copies)

Issue 18 (5 copies)

Issue 19 (5 copies)

Issue 22 (5 copies)

Issue 23 (5 copies)

Issue 24 (5 copies)

Issue 26 (5 copies)

Issue 30 (1 copy)

Issue 31 (5 copies)

Issue 32 (4 copies)

Issue 34 (5 copies)

Issue 35 (5 copies)

Issue 36 (10 copies - Charlie Nicholas interview!)

Issue 37 (10 copies - Jimmy Bone interview)

Issue 38 (11 copies - last ever issue - well so far!)