Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Name To The Letter

I`m just in from my work and to say i`m fuming
would be an understatement..

I would like to ask the person who sent a letter into
my work telling fucking lies about me working down
at Bayview during my working time with the council,
to put their name to the letter...

This letter had been made on a computer,it had no name
and had been posted through the mail.It only states
when they were walking there dog,they had seen me
working at Bayview,fucking lies.

Your messing with my bloody livelyhood here,do you
actually understand what you`ve done or are you too
thick to realise.

The bloody jokes on you anyway cause as you failed
to put your faceless name or a signature to the said
letter there isn`t a fuking thing anyone can do,so
reveal yourself to all on here and see the response
you get from all that know what i`m doing for the club

I DARE YOU....

Re: Name To The Letter

Maybe the same bloke that writes to the EFM?

A Protestor

Apr 10th, 2006 - 5:27 PM Re: Game at Bayview 9/4/06

I took the dog down to Bayview last night and to be honest outside the ground was a complete mess. There was smashed bottes at the turnstiles! This explains it.

Agree,that was out of order Dov. I have to say though that although you have the clubs best interests at heart,the sight of you sitting with Broon and his cowardly followers,dressed in your freebie jackets does leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

After deep thought and research into this crime, I have come up with an answer:
"You fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows"

I would ask you Dov, why you help prop up the regime at Bayview through your free labour.

If you didnt cut their grass or whatever, somebody else would be paid for it, thus hastening the day that the bit of money the club still has, which apparently is dwindling fast, would run out.

When the club has no money to pay players and other bills, then this would surely be a trigger for regime change.

Your continued support of DB helps delay his inevitable departure.

Why not get back to the days when you went to all away games with that saltire draped across your back, instead of sitting with the people who have lead the club into a state of oblivion.

Protestor you have to realise that people even on the same side have different views on what is the best way forward. If you feel strongly aginst someone's point of view, try to change it by reasoned argument.

A sure way for them not to change is to slag them!

We've got another dreamer....

Wait a minute here..you fly with the crows you get
shot with the crows,what the fuk you on about.

I`ll say it again,fuking lies and i`ll say it again
this is my full time job,where all my money comes
from and you think it`s right that my employment
should be taken from me or put at risk because of
what`s going on at Bayview.

Stewart k i`m dissapointed with you,you were 1 of the
people that not so long ago told me not to listen
to the minority and wasn`t so long ago you were
selling the 50/50 half time draw tickets.

As for sitting beside them,if you look closer you will
see i shift back and forward from the stand and the
dressing room to tidy away the warm up kit and anything else that the players have left scattered
around the floor.Jesus your even picking up on where
i`m sitting...fuk me..

"...fuk me.. "

Last time you said that it caused most of Scotland's birds to migrate early

I think that things have moved on since that time Dov - we have a board who spend 3 times as much time attacking fans as announcing the new manager.

I told you not to listen to the personal abuse that you were getting from some, and one person in particular, and I would still hope that you dont get that as it was petty and childish.

For the avoidance of doubt here, I think its shameful that an anonymous letter writer has potentially jeapordised your job, no right thinking person would condone that.

PS

As for the "sitting" comment, I dont know where you currently specifically sit as I havent been in the ground for a wee while, the phrase was more in the metaphorical sense.

Anyway, wasnt looking to fall out wi you.

stewart K you are dead right

but in every conflict there are quislings. people like dov are beyond hope. if he can't see what is right in front of his nose then no-one on this forum is going to be able to explain it to him, no matter how clearly the picture is painted. he is overcome by the buzz from what he thinks is status.

it has been said already that when the brown regime is over, no one will forget which side we all stood on

ironic that someone grassed on lenny lawnmower

Just stating the obvious I know Dov, but it surely can't be too hard to narrow down a list of people who have time off during the day I assume (admittedly could be a day off), live near Bayview, own a dog and also know where you work.

I think it's bang out of order for anyone to write to someone's work and try and get them into trouble there for something that's got nothing to do with their work in the first place.

I'm sure Derrick would agree with this stance

Some of these posts are nothing but bullying. Are people not allowed to do what they want to. The protestors are and I dont see Fifer_Dov attacking them on here for the beliefs that they hold. He is doing what he does (along with others) to help out the players, it is them that would suffer without this help. I really can't see that you will ever gain his support by attacking him like this.

Yes I was at Bayview a few nights ago but I did not see Dov and I don't even know where he works! I did not write any letter to his work! Someone obviusly has it in for you Dov, but be assured it was not me.

i have heard this before about how the players would suffer if it wasn't not for volunteers looking after the pitch

have a look at the league table. have a look at the standard of play. you could play east fife v elgin at the bernabeu or at the savoy and there would be no difference to results

Better if you flew to Mars. Its much further.

Am i getting this right here??

Someone witnessed you moonlighting at Bayview
while I(the council tax payer) contribute to your
wages and pension??

If the content of the letter was false in any way
then whoever had the spine to write it should have
the spine to own up and apologise, but if the content
was false in any way why should i pay my £1200 a year
council tax so you can go and moonlight when my bin
needs emptying?? Granted it may have been for the good
and benefit of the club but volunteers wouldn't be
needed if Brown FCUKED off and the club started
getting a decent gate again.

I would gladly volunteer to help in any way but one
man stands in the path of countless volunteers and
everyone associated with the club knows who this man
is

UNIVERSALLY LOATHED
BLACK AND GOLD NOT BROWN !!!

£1200 is cheap, we pay £1800

To be fair to Fifer Dov, if you read his post, he tells us that the claim is a lie.

And he doesn't empty the buckets either.

I have contacted the club tonight and told them that
i will have to pull out of my volunteer work for the
club,i can`t have my livelyhood threatened like that.

I hope this shamefull lieing toad who wrote this
letter are happy with themselves,people have looked
at me in a different way than they used too and i
couldn`t cope anymore.

The players,the managers and the fans mean everything
to me and it is a very sad day for me.

I also want to thank Davie H and Andy H for listening
to me and all the other volunteers..

Also To Davie Marshall who you will all agree is the
best man i know...We made a great team Davie and made
a great surface to play on...Thanks all...Dov

I do feel for Fife-Dov, if he was helping the club at any other time he would be seen as valued (FOC) helper to the club! People like Dove throughout the lower clubs are the only reason clubs like East Fife survive? Let’s remember that if the club do not have an alternative to Derek Brown and people like Dov stop assisting due to continued verbal abuse the club WILL go out of business.

Sorry to see your response Dov, I was typing my post as this had come through. Can I suggest that you retract your resignation?

Concerned.

The last thing we need right now is for supporters to be seen to be in conflict with one another. That's right up a certain person's street. Think about it!
As for the person who wrote to Fifer Dov's work, why was it done anonymously? What did that coward have to hide? Probably the very fact that the content of the letter was pure fabrication!
If it wasn't lies, however, perhaps that same person will post on this forum USING THEIR REAL NAME?
. . .. and pigs might fly!!

FFS,this is the last thing we need.All this will do is give Derrick Brown more ammunition to attack the protesters.

Dov if your moonlighting then ur doin the right thing by resigning but if ur not then why resign??? Have u not told ur work ur volunteering altho Im sure they would know of ur involvement just by word of mouth.

As for the spinless wonder that sent the letter, well theres feck all ur work can do if ur doin it voluntarily, they need proof that u'v taken money 'moonlighting' so they cant sack or threaten u that would be lead to tribunals and constructive dismissal claims n they dont wanna do that.

Take a bit of advice mate fuck them all and stay cutting the pitch, u would only punish the players by stopping now, however the end of the season is nigh then u may want to join the protest in body. Jesus u must hate bein near Broon seeing what he is doin to this club

I would happily do voluntary work for EFFC and have done so in the past however at this moment in time I feel withdrawing support can only speed up the departure of Broon. You chose to do it Dov and I know you did it out of love for EFFC and not Broon.

Whoever wrote that letter may have witheld their name but their 'signature' may be on it, if you get my drift. If you know what I know Dov then you may not have to look too far for the culprit. Further splitting the fans etc. Who would benefit from that negative publicity certainly not the protesters. Who is an expert in the negative publicity stakes? Think about it.

Alan Henderson for kit man this week or will it be Gordon?

I am so sorry you have been hurt like this,Dov.You and I along with Bryan,Lesley and kids gave up our summer evenings to change the pitch from a ploughed field to virtually a bowling green.We did this not for personal gain but for pure professional pride.Thanks for the memories,Dov.

Could it be that the letter to Dov`s employer and the one to the EFM is from the same person?
If so,these are desperate measures from a desperate person.

Surely nobody would stoop that low,but then again..........

Some people have been doing dirty tricks - remember Davie Marshall's car.

Dov - as you'll probably be aware, I've been writing for the programme all season and I've no intention of quitting at this stage in the season.
I don't see that what I'm doing has anything to do with my opinion on the current chairman. I do it for my love of football and my love for the club.
Someone needs to maintain the pitch. If the pitch wasn't lined then the game couldn't go ahead and we'd all be the worse for that, protesters/supporters and club officials alike. If you, like me, do it for the love of the game, then keep at it and don't let them get you down. We're all East Fife supporters at the end of the day and we have to stick together through these extremely difficult times.

Was as tough a desision as i have ever had to make,
i was able to be involved with my club in a way,i
would never have been able to standing on the terraces

Thanks for all your kind words i just hope that we all
have better times for our club and more of us,the fans
will be able to experience what I,Davie Marshall and
all the other volunteers experienced every time we
helped the club.

Jim Costorphine writes the programme and he loves
what he does for the club,please leave him to do what
he enjoys.

Will be back on the terraces for Saturday cheering on
the Black & Gold....Dov...

Shocking that someone was as low as threatning a guy's job and cowardly enough not to put their name to it.

Now that Dov has resigned from his voluntary post at Bayview who will cover the tasks carried out by him? Dov has been forced into this decision by not just the coward that wrote a fabricated letter to his boss but also the cowards who come onto this forum (under fictitious post names) and give him a hard time for his contribution to the club. Well done you have managed to bully one of the most dedicated supporters from his post and you probably have done more damage than good? Bullying should not be condoned in any shape on this forum and hope the “supporters” who attack fellow fans are proud of their self’s

Pissed off supporter.

I suggest that folks look closer to home. Who has te most to gain from the negative publicity this will cause? Who has the sneaky underhand tactics of a sewer rat to do such a thing? Does anyone really think that any protestor who has been open enough in their call for the chair o the club to go would stoop to such a level? As i say, i can draw my own conclusions. I know who would rather blame the protestors and aftn for all the evils happening to the club and who would also create a situation for the blame to be squarely laid at the feet of the protestors. Maybes it was someone who has previously resorted to the kind of lowly tactics that has been afforded to Dov.

Agreed. Pretty much what I reckon, see earlier post.

This has all gone over my head a bit. Someone sent a letter to Dov's work saying he was helping out/working at Bayview? So what? Lots of people have two, even three jobs, why did this letter threaten Dov's livleyhood? What exactly might, or would have happened if the letter had a name and address on it?

Igor, I think the gist of it is he was alleged to be working at Bayview during working hours at his full time job.