Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
No place for King Arnie in T&T World Cup provisional squad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4905272.stm

Re: No place for King Arnie in T&T World Cup provisional squad

Beat me to it Igor. Gutted.

Trinidad and Tobago provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Shaka Hislop (West Ham), Clayton Ince (Coventry City)

Defenders: Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham) Cyd Gray (San Juan Jabloteh), Marvin Andrews (Rangers), Brent Sancho (Gillingham), Ian Cox (Gillingham), Atiba Charles (W Connection), Avery John (New England Revolution).

Midfielders: Silvio Spann (unattached), Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Aurtis Whitley (San Juan Jabloteh), Anthony Rougier (United Petrotrin), Anthony Wolfe (San Juan Jabloteh), Densill Theobald (Falkirk), Carlos Edwards (Luton), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC), Russell Latapy (Falkirk).

Forwards: Stern John (Coventry), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Collin Samuel (Dundee United), Jason Scotland (St Johnstone), Cornell Glen (LA Galaxy)

On stand-by: Brent Rahim (Jabloteh), Anton Pierre (Defence Force) Anthony Warner (Fulham), Nigel Henry (Kiruna FF), Ricky Shakes (Swindon), Hector Sam (Port Vale) Scott Sealy (Kansas Wizards).

Maybe there will be a last minute injury crisis, he'll give up drinking and come storming back to score a hat-trick against England.

Piss off with this crap. East Fife only, no Shit with international crap.

For fucks sake can we drop the pretence of supporting a fucking very average football nation? We already follow a pish football team, lets not embarrass our self’s by following Trinidad. Only one British team to support! ENGLAND

You bunch of losers

Sad news, i was seriously hoping that Arnie was going to make it. Too much sunshine and drink seems to be his problem... wish it were mine too.

Erm....wait a minute here. I was only interested that my one-time Bayview hero and Carribean Player of the year Arnold Dwarika maybe going to play in a World Cup !!! I thought that would interest East Fife fans.

As for supporting them against England, well that's what being a Scottish football fan is all about and shouldn't always be taken so seriously. I always love to see Raith Rovers, England and the Old Firm be beaten. (In that order)

I agree with you entirely St Pauli

I had to endure the English media hype for the last
10 years while i was living down there, They cling
to victories like you will never believe and you say
anything bad about it and your then treated like you've just run over their grannie.

I support 3 teams
The mighty Black and gold of East Fife
The shitey Navy Blue of Scotland
And anyone that happens to be opposing England
(whatever the sport)

I've lived in England for the last 19 years, and I have no problems with English football supporters.
I have a major problem with the English football media.
The sooner Motty retires the better, before he explodes with excitement when England win the toss against Trinidad and Tobago.

You're right Forest. It's the constant hype and bullshit in the English media that's the problem and twats like Hansen who should know better. Still, always remember they will only be supporting one team in the World Cup - we'll have 31 to cheer on.

Your right BP but what really gets right up my nose is that Hansen is a Scot.

At the end of the day, f you think you are a bigger Trinidad supporter than me, you are not!

You tell them Paw! You have been a T&T supporter for 50 years, not like all those so called "supporters" who wouldn't know how to run a football club, at least we right-thinking people appreciate you though, along with the wider Levenmouth community.