Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Eugene has the answers ?

Hey man, i for one am getting pretty sick of all the slagging going on here. you say its the mindset of the people running the clubs that is wrong. it sounds like you think you may have the answers.

so lets see you put your money where your mouth is and post a long term business plan for the recovery of EFFC. the same invitation goes out to all others currently slagging of scottish football.

time to step up to the line and be credible. until i see some plans, this forum will be no more than a place to come to for a laugh when i am bored, and thats about once a fortnight, for about ten minutes.

come on now, lets see the plans then.

Re: Eugene has the answers ?

That's your job Derrick a.k.a. Bob the builder. Certainly plans don't include bulldozing the mound. Your attempt at that Derrick, was as futile as your attempt to run a successful football club. Just for a bit of light relief, are we allowed to bring up the poor job you made during your involvement with Lundin Links and Scoonie bowling clubs. Derrick your entrepreneurial skills are zilch. It is really laughable that you want the protesters, who have been much maligned by yourself and your poodles to come up with an escape route to save face. Sorry Derrick you've burned your bridges. The ship is going down with all hands. For once in your life face up to the consequences of your actions like a man and just walk away. When the bilge rats jump ship you'll be on your own, the most reviled person ever connected with this once mighty football club.

Bon the Builder.

BPs are used as the basis for putting funding in place and thus involve the use of sensitive data relating to funding sources, potential business, other investors etc

No serious business person would ever publish their commercial business plan on a public forum such as this before they actually have control of the assets they seek. And even then many aspects are kept confidential.

I can't understand why you would expect them to - but that doesn't of course mean mean that such plans do not exist.

Derrick,

You have been a busy guy with these internet statements, your letter to the EFM and your posts on this forum.

If only you had put as much effort into running East Fife FC properly, we might never have came to this situation, a situation that will see you kicked out our club for good, personally I can't wait to see the back of you.

Oh, and you have email.

Eugene are you suggesting that you want control of East Fife before producing a BP?

It appears the CLOWN and those who support his total mismanagement of the current situation at the club are desperately trying to get hold of the oppositions plans to improve the clubs future so that they can obviously claim the ideas as there own. Its not going to happen - its obvious the current regime and the shareholders have little or no idea on how to run a successful business - for a start - you do not berate your customers at every opportunity - only a dumbass does that - but unfortunately we have a dumbass as a chairman with a board membership which is little better - they all need to go - and if anyone thinks otherwise it is obvious that they know little about business and should not be coming on here trying to discuss something they know little about. So bob the builder do something useful - and stick your head in the sewer its the only place for crap like you have posted.

How's this for a start, before you even consider a business plan.

1. Make your own club's supporters feel welcome.

2. Be seen to be acting in the best interests of the club at all times.

3. Give a warm welcome to sponsors and make them feel like they want to come back.

4. Listen to all of your customers.

5. Avoid alienating lifelong fans by attacking them in print at every opportunity.

6. Concentrate on rebuilding your own failed business instead of spending your time sticking your nose into other people's affairs.

7. Avoid telling transparent lies.

8. Treat everyone who contacts the club with respect.

9. Provide a style of football that people want to watch.

10. Never speak in public if all you can do is embarrass the club every time you open your mouth.

Once these basic principles of common sense are in place the income will start to rise, allowing you to re-invest in the club.

After that, you can work on a business plan having built a solid foundation.

eugene and sir john, why dont you both come down on saturday and we can discuss your ideas and plans over lunch. it'll br my treat. an olive branch so to speak.

lets put all this bad feeling and sniping behind us and move froward from this day, lets work together to build a better club that we can ALL be proud of. lets bring the community of east fife back together again, there has been too much shit flying around these last few months or so, lets all be pals again and be a force to be reckoned with.

Bob, we will be back to that very soon. Just you wait and see. You might catch a glimpse of what'll happen before the door hits you on the way out.

Sorry for sniping I couldnt help myself.

thats ok wendy i know you cant help yourself in many other ways too,

you tend to react before engaging the thought process, i suppose its a natural handicap.

bob, you're right. let's put all this behind us, stop the animousity, and let derrick brown carry on making a c*nt of it

branch withdrawn

may you all rot !

mike, i have something for you to stick your head in, MY F***ING ARSE!

you slag off whoever you want in any way or language that you want, but when you are asked to post a few ideas, you hide behind the "cant do it on a public forum" thing.

you are nuthing but a bunch of two faced, back stabbin, lower than a snakes belly, moaning gits, who have no idea of how to run a football club, who will you turn on next ?

PS the posts on this crappy forum are the same few people all the time.

ever held of disfunction ??

Bob the Bawbag

Can we fix it? Yes we can - once we get shot of leeches like you

"you slag off whoever you want in any way or language that you want, but when you are asked to post a few ideas, you hide behind the "cant do it on a public forum" thing."

You didn't ask for "a few ideas" though, you asked for a long term business plan. Wee bit of a difference there, I think.

What exactly is *your* long term business plan for East Fife by the way? If you are who you appear to be then I assume you have one. Care to post it?

"you are nuthing but a bunch of two faced, back stabbin, lower than a snakes belly, moaning gits, who have no idea of how to run a football club"

So not that much different from the present Chairman then by the looks of things? Or do you consider "flying into a rage and insulting potential customers over the slightest things" a good way to run a Club?

"can't do that on a public forum"
Christ,Broon hides behind a "secrets act" on every meeting he organisies.

Bob I suggest you calm down my friend. If you don't like the forum then why the fuck are you on here posting?

tae hell wi this shit

a leech eh, i'll show you a leech when i see yer ugly mug boyo.

goodbye football, hello golf

aw fuck, am no daeing fitbaw cause o the likes o Bob the Bulbous n now hes gonny spoil ma gowf, what next? bools? nah thats been spoilt aw ready

Was it something I said?

faggot !!

Just what I like a nice and well thought out discussion carried on with such decorum.

With such great ideas about what to do with our anatomy we should go far.

Do you want to win against Brown or do you just enjoy slagging each other and anyone else who comes in the firing line?

Broon must be laughing his ass off !

what a bunch of girls !

i am

brilliant not had such a laugh for a while what a discussion couldn't take my eyes off it great posts by all couldn't figure out who the biggest prat was out of all the posts!!!!

I am so glad i have kept you amused mini, on the biggest twat point, i dont think it can be me as im only a smidgen over 5 foot tall.

some of these east fife bums are so easy, its like taking candy from a baby, and to think i only come on for a laugh. this could easily turn into my favourite pastime.

lets see what the rest of my twatty mates have to say about this post then.