Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Life after Deek

It's just a matter of time before Derrick Brown is punted from our club. Who would the fans want to see as chairman of EFFC?

Re: Life after Deek

Good God who's going to pay the electricity bill now? On BBC Sport they've stated it's the sixth anniversary of being 48 hours from the supply being cut off!! Nobody but Derrick is in a position to pay the bill it seems. The players bringing their own packed lunches has worked a treat. What a way to run a business. Right enough he's a council employee, says it all. We're doomed ah tell ye doomed.

Aye and forget to bring your own towels, saves electricity when you have to wash them yourself.

get back to the ground then and pay yer gate money and support yer team

Bob i'll go back to the Ground and pay my gate money
along with my fuel costs from Glasgow every weekend
(work permitting) when that arsehole brown walks the 500 metres along the road and jumps off the Methil
Pier

You asked the question DWB but it would appear that nobody has a clue as to who would want to replace DB

Their silence says it all!!!!!

Er... why not Dave Marshall? He's certainly shown some leadership skills over the past few weeks, and he can deal with the media a damn sight better than JDB too (not exactly a huge compliment I know). Plus he has local knowledge, he's a lifelong fan, having been on the board he knows all the politics that can surround that sort of crap, - how about that for a suggestion?

Whoever individual supporters may or may not wish to see as Chair is pretty much a moot point, given that the chairman is appointed by the board of directors.

I am sure that many folk have an idea who they would like, doesnt mean its likely to happen. Ultimately, we all have to hope that the board make an appintment that is palatable to most disillusioned fans, an appointment that will at least give us some grounds for optimisim.

Will it happen - dunno.

Okay so we have one suggestion now lets have a few more

Who would you like to see anon?

I think if we were to get a new chairman then Bob Moreland would suit the post. However, I cant see DB stepping down and feel he'll be with us for some time to come.

WOULD THAT BE THE SAME BOB MORELAND WHO TALKS WITH HIS FISTS AND HAS BEEN KNOWN TO URINATE INTO LADIES HANDBAGS! HARDLY THE IDEAL ROLE MODEL.

Never heard anything like that, but still better than what we have!

And we've got a manager who does some of the same anyway, so what's the difference?

Personally I'd like to see someone fan friendly like Jim Beavers and Dave Marshall as chairman and vice chairman.

With the rest of the board made up of people with astute business knowledge.