Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
From The Courier

Baikie’s bargain New Bayview debut

EAST FIFE are planning to mark new manager Dave Baikie’s first home game in charge with a cut-price ticket offer for supporters.

The Fifers welcome Arbroath to Bayview on Saturday for the club’s final home game of the season and each child accompanied by a paying adult will be given free admission.

Anyone wishing to take advantage of the offer should call at the club’s reception on Saturday before 2.45 pm where they will be able to buy their adult ticket and receive their child’s free voucher.

In addition, all adults who enter the ground through the home turnstiles will receive a voucher entitling them to £10 off the cost of one adult or £5 off the cost of one senior citizen season ticket for season 2006/07—provided it is purchased before May 31.

The board are expected to finalise the details of East Fife’s season ticket package in the next few weeks.

Re: From The Courier

Too little too late from Brown, why try to get extra fans in now when it never seemed to bother you before? Is it because you are panacking? Have your backers instructed you to try and sort things out?

The fact is, a large percentage of fans who follow this club will not enter the ground until you are gone. I welcome any possible new supporters to Bayview on saturday, but i'd rather be welcoming them to a properly run club that works with its supporters rather than a one man ship that savages them in the press and on its website.

I'm sure any new customers will be interested about what we have to tell them about Derrick Brown, maybe they will even join us on the mound for a cut price pie

Would love ti buy ma season ticket for next season.Sit in ma seat next ti Dyker,Bob,Sammy un the "Uddies".But i'll no be buying wan affore Broon "f**ks off"!!!!(trying ti tone my language doon)

The motivation is all wrong broonie - This move is all about denting the protests, nothing to do with encouraging fans back.

Those who were at the STC holders meeting in January will recall how opposed Brown was to any special offers, price packages and worst of all, free admission for children! "Do you want the shirt off his back as well" was Fiona McKay's contribution to the debate.

Right thinking people will be able to see straight through this. Still the mound for me on Saturady.

sorry STC holders should be STH(Season Ticket Holders) - getting mixed up with Scotland Travel Club!!

It's interesting that the free entry for kids idea was shot down in flames by Brown as recently as the last "supporters meeting" with him.

http://www.aftn.co.uk/fansforum1.html

"Jim Moffat interjected here to say how important he felt getting the Club into local schools and clubs was to building a future fan base. Derrick responded by mentioning how the Club have been reluctant to allow schoolchildren in free following chaotic scenes at a previous game at old Bayview and problems it caused with the police."

This was the meeting before the last one, at the start of the season, if you read it in full you will notice he says EXACTLY the same things word for word every time.

At that point he was still attacking the idea of letting kids in for free, I wonder what has changed?

On the face of it I wouldn't mind kids getting into Bayview for nothing, after all I started supporting the team when I was a kid. However, having said that I was at the Scotland v Germany schoolboy game a year or so ago and it was a f**kin nightmare with these little b@stards jumping up and down and wanting out for a p*sh every five minutes.

Did anyone else have a similar experiance?

Igor,he is jumping on ideas others put forward along time ago.Ideas which people supported and he never.He is "back peddling" to try un save his ass.Hope theres an even bigger crowd on the mound on Sat now.

This latest attempt of deeks shows that he really is one scared little man.

Lets save £10 on a season ticket. Well mate, I've saved about £45 toward the cost of a ticket which I will spend when you are gone.

Cheerio.

Panic on the streets of Bayview.
Panic on the streets of Largo Road.

Could work on that whole song for JD

Seriously though. Way too little, way too late.

If nothing else though, it might give a bigger audience to what we've got planned for INSIDE the stadium on Saturday

Last home game of the season. Have to go out in style!

Sure they'll all love it, love it, love it, love it, love it.

How low will this ass sink trying to break the protest. I ask you, £10 discount on a season ticket, he must think that we're really stupid. In previous seasons he's been eroding the entitlements of the season tickets. He'll have the tenner incorporated into the price of the new ticket, think I paid £144 last year for 18 league games. Certainly won't be bothering for the coming season. Hope "The Board of Directors" publicise the success of this offer. Think they sold about 80 season tickets last year, will they reach double figures this year, or will Derrick massage these figures too? Won't be back inside New Bayview 'til he's gone!! Let's have a big show this Saturday, last chance saloon. Keep me a T-shirt, any size.

How do you know they sold 80 season tickets last season?

I saw some sad bastard counting the names on the seats, way back at the start of the season, was that you?

Have I answered my own question?

Hey "anon"

Having a bad day?

I might be sad and a bastard anon but missed the opening home game. They're must be two sad bastards at Bayview, maybe more?

The season ticket deal was always cheaper before a certain date in previous seasons if I remember correctly. The only difference this year is that you have to attend the last game of the season.

No incentive there then, in fact it's worse than in previous years, and they still never have the prices sorted out before the seasons end.

Our faithers will no be draggin us there its the Links market on saturday. Oh and the lassie in charge of east fife will no be there either! She's been promised a go on the coconut stall to win a goldfish.

....no mention of season ticket prices for next season...... so £10 off how much???

Not that it matters to me. If Brown is there next season, I won't be.

guess what hes up to noo the yf will b playing at 1/2 time the cost for them is £2 including a voucher for £1 at the pie stall. Noo comon the last game oh the season n tdb is finally letting the yf play at 1/2 time a bit late they should have done this fi the start oh n by the way why hive there been no mascots this year. All doon to broon i do believe does he no relize they might be the futre ef players. What does he care feck all i do believe. What a tosser do u no all agree

On the subject of mascots I seem to recollect that one of Deek's first actions as EFFC chairman was to intoduce without any warning or consultation a hospitality package for being mascot. It was to be some silly figure £50?) and would be the only way to get to be mascot.

At that time the arrangement was that the Young Fifers sorted out who was to be mascot and used it to celebrate birthdays, welcome new members etc.

I challenged our beloved leader and was told that every other league club was doing the same. So I phoned the other clubs up and discovered, surprise surprise, that not one of them was doing what DB was proposing.

I drew this to his attention - although he didn't seem happy for some reason - and no more was heard of it.

These are my own views and do not in any way represent anything the Trust or any other organised group of people in the universe might think.
They should most certainly not be taken as a criticism of Mr Brown or any of his relatives, EFFC Board members, friends (?), acquaintances, fellow SFA blazer wearers or Fife Counci

I remember having the pleasure of being the Mascot
a few years back and scored a penalty into Ray Charles
in the warm up. If memory serves me correctly my mum
called the club and arranged it and i recieved a match
day programme, a pie and a bottle of juice. i got to
meet the players in the dressing room and the referee
even paid me fifty pence for flipping the coin at the
beginning of the game. All that excitement and the
only thing i had to pay for was my bus fare to
Bayview.
Bring back the good old days

Hay Anon,I wiz the "sad bastard" thit wiz coonting the names on the sits,but under the "Deeper in the broons stuffs" orders.He threw a "wabbley"cause is name wizn'y on is sit,un i wiz checking if aubody elses name were on theres.He still greets aboot it yet,un hiz never forgiving Broon fer fergetting um.Hence is name on here.D.I.T.B.S."how could Derrick forget about me"wiz is cry,at every him game.

It's all lies, lies I tell you, lies.

There does seem to be no end to Brown's crimes.

Was never a mascot, but would have loved to have been one.

Like Craig, that's going to be something you'd remember for the rest of your life and give you a stronger bond with your club.

Who could really afford or really want to pay £50 from the wider Levenmouth community?

Do they still charge that? Would be interesting to highlight that to the press and compare it to both our local rivals, the Old Firm and some English teams.

Brought back some great memories there Craig, I too remember the penalty in my time as mascot, Charles saved mine i'm sure, I also received a birthday card signed by all the players that season. Great memories, hate to see this special day being held back from todays' youngsters!!

if you think your a bigger mascot than me, then your not i tell you not!

he is trying to sign donaldson and gilbert is back in town??? oh oh

On the comparison side of things, there's a thing in 442 about how much the Premiership teams charge for kids to be mascots. Everton charge the rather exorbitant fee of £1500(!), while at some clubs (including Man City and Arsenal, off the top of my head) if you're in the kids supporters' club you get to do it for nowt, but it's done by a lottery.