Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Derrick's letter frenzy

3 letters attacking supporters and repeating the kind of rhetoric seen on his website statements, all by (NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED)

Who is he trying to kid????

Re: Derrick's letter frenzy

Funny how no-one wants to put their name to anything.

Funny how no-one spoke up for him at the fans forum or trust meetings when asked.

Wonder how many board member associates and Fife council lackies were amongst these letter writers.

Not seen them myself yet, but do any of them sound like they may have been written by a very small man in big shoes?

Re: Derrick's letter frenzy - EFM letters are a nonsense

Mmmmmmm

Lets see

"I'll be at Bayview on saturday.... already looking forward to next season"

"I'll be back next season to see the winning team"

"I look forward to being back at Bayview to see.. a winning team"

These quotes are from 3 different letters "Name and address supplied"

Some folk are really desperate that they are writing the same letter 3 times.

BTW, as for "shameful" what EF fans, other than protesters and board members were in the stand at Berwick on saturday to witness the "continued appalling behaviour"

I am genuinely interested to know who was there that isnt a board member.

As at least one of the "name and address supplied" letters refers to this forum, I challenge the mystery letter writers to be upstanding and declare it, or are they too ashamed of their alleged viewpoint to put their name to it?

Come on, we are waiting

Are the letters on the online site or can someone type them up for those of us in the wider Levenmouth community not lucky enough to have seen them?

A hilarious attempt at a co-ordinated camaign of support form the broon cohort in this weeks EFM. All the tell tale signs of mangled syntax and egotistical ramblings we have come to expect from the crumbling dictators regime.
" i want to write to you to bring this message to the wider audience of East Fife supporters who only want to talk about football"
Quite what the message is isn't that clear apart from leave nice derrick alone alone you scum, we were jolly frightened in our green house !

The end is nigh

Quite what was sooooooooooooo disgraceful about the protestors shouting 'Resign derrick, you're not wanted' etc I don't know.

AT NO POINT WAS THERE FOUL LANGUAGE USED. NOPE, NO SWEARY WORDS AT ALL.

Maybe what the letter writer thought was so abhorrant was the fact they were sitting in the greenhouse having to look straight at the picture of Deek on the t-shirt.

It is hilarious how each letter is very similair. How I'd love to see what the name and addresses were that were supplied. Bet it's Andy, Davie and whatever the berwicks chairmans name is!

So, one letter last week in support, 3 this week. I wonder how many different letters Deek will write for folk next week!

Quite sad really.

Wonder what they'll make of what happens on Saturday!

Nice to see this forum increasing it's axis of evil image! Long may it continue!!!

What was said about it exactly anyway? Are we all bad, non right thinking people again?

"Funny how no-one wants to put their name to anything."

-Dobbie the House Elf

If you can't understand the extreme hypocrisy of what you're saying then you're an idiot. Why don't you tell us all who you are?

And you are, Sir or Madam?

Deflection the order of the day, is it? Another pet hate of some on here apparently.

I'm not writing to a newspaper or using a medium that uses real names.

I think Derrick should adjust his title of Media Liason Officer to Minister for Propoganda.

Well quite evidently, individuals who write letters to newspapers don't have to use "real names".

There are a number of reasons why people would choose to distance their statements from their identity, I wonder why you do it Dobbie.

Yes, and reason No1 is because they have something to hide. Such as the strong possibility that publication of the address for each letter would expose a single individual as either a fraud or a bully.

Like you, I choose not to reveal my identity on this forum, but I have happily provided my name and address for publication on every occasion I have written to the East Fife Mail. It gives my letter authenticity and prevents readers from drawing the conclusion that my words are worthless because I have an aptitude for deceit.