Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife Mail article

For all the fellow exiles...

BAIKIE HOPEFUL OF REJUVENATING FIFE SQUAD
FIFERS boss Dave Baikie believes his task to rekindle East Fife's fortunes won't be as tough as the challenge he faced at Cowdenbeath last season.
FIFERS boss Dave Baikie believes his task to rekindle East Fife's fortunes won't be as tough as the challenge he faced at Cowdenbeath last season.
Baikie has seen enough of his squad to know what he has to do in the close season and believes it is more a case of fine tuning than overhauling.
He said: "I have seen enough of the players now. I don't feel it is such a big job as when I went to Cowdenbeath.
"I had to bring in a lot of new players but I don't feel that will be necessary here.
"I don't see the need for mass changes in the close season but we will make some to improve the quality of the squad."
But one of the first things he will address is the fitness of the team.
Baikie explained: "The energy levels are not that good and it has let us down because we've not been able to pick up a gear.
"That's partly because the players have given me everything and there's not a lot left in the tank, but this can be cured through the right training."
East Fife face Arbroath this Saturday in their last home game of the season and Baikie has warned against complacency, despite the Fifers having little to play for and destined to finish no higher than seventh.
He said: "It won't be an end-of-season kick about.
"Arbroath still need the points to get into the play-offs and they'll come out all guns blazing.
"We have to respond in the same manner and approach the game properly.
"I haven't seen Arbroath this season but I will speak to those who saw them play last week.
"What I do know is they are rejuvenated under the new manager and he has them working very hard."
Meanwhile, Baikie is ruing the injuries sustained by key players in the draw with Berwick Rangers on Saturday.
He said: "I thought in the first half we played very well. We defended well and caused them problems, creating a couple of chances.
"In the second half we knew they would have a real go at us but they couldn't find a way through us.
"We coped well but the loss of Paul Hampshire and Greig McDonald was too much.
"Had these two guys completed the game, we would have won. It was a real blow."
Indeed, Greig McDonald is out for the rest of the season with a double leg break, while there is concern Hampshire may have broken a bone in his foot.
John Martin has already been ruled out for the season with a knee injury but John Dodds and Craig Smart should return. Elliot Smith is suspended for one game.
To thank the loyal supporters and to encourage new fans, the directors of East Fife will give each child, accompanied by a paying adult, admission free of charge for Saturday's last home game.
Anyone interested should call at the club's reception on Saturday prior to 2.45 p.m.
In addition, all adults who enter the ground via the home turnstiles will receive a voucher entitling them to £10 off the cost of one adult or £5 off the cost of one senior citizen season ticket for next season, if it is purchased before May 31.

Re: East Fife Mail article

And I have every confidence that if the team do not pull their socks up, the manager will kick the shit out of them