Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Banned

I was on the mound at half time today collecting POTY ticket money.Derrick instructed the stewards to refuse me re-entry to the ground.

Re: Banned

Is there no end to this mans buffoonery. Were they succesfull in keeping you out? I hope they were suitbaly embarassed!
After berwick i thought it would only be a matter of time before he thought banning people or refuseig entry(even though we are boycotting anyway) but i would not have expected that it would be your good self who was treated like that.
Arrange a photo shoot of Davie behind the broon barracades for the papers? " Bayview Tyrant begins blockade!"

A very desperate act from a very desperate little shit of a man, what harm/trouble were you causing Davie? Are you not a right thinking person?

I can confirm that Dave did make it into the ground again, albeit with the help of one of the mature ball boys.

For Hamilton,Hain and Mackay to sit back and allow this b@stard to do that just confirms what they are....Spineless tossers.

Browns time will come.

The Rise and Fall of Dave Marshall
Groundsman
Director
Deputy Chairman(for two months or so)
Director
Ex-Director
Banned Person

Davie, you are a disgrace, we right thinking people must distance ourselves from you

Unbelievable. I'm speechless.

Just how low can Brown go?
A man who, along with 14 or so others pumped £1,000 each into the club's coffers to keep them afloat, goes to sell raffle tickets at half-time on the mound and is refused entry on his return.
What a disgrace!
Can anyone even attempt to justify the actions of the man on this occasion?
I'm afraid I lost the plot after this and directed a few swearie words at the little jumped up dictator...

I did not go to the game today. This was really due to the fact that my car was not working and I had no enthusiasm for it given that a significant change of circumstances is required for me to return next season.
There have been posts on this site which suggest that Dave Marshall should be the chairman of the club. Frankly, I do not support these.
However, if it is correct that an instruction has been issued that he should be banned from the ground then it is a disgrace, unless his actions since his last visit to the ground have been in breach of either the law (in which case I would have expected charges to be made) or the conditions of his entry as a paying customer. It is an outrage for Dave Marshall to be refused entry to Bayview if he has not breached any law or regulation.
There are two points which are important in my mind. They are;
1. How are we in a position where the support for a senior football club can be so easily identified by name. (Basically until his elevation to the board Dave Marshall was (very happily and still is a "punter"/supporter). But East Fife are in such a position thet they can name their fans!!!!!
2. Perhaps the refusal of entry for Dave Marshall was "planned" for today as it is the last home game of the season. Had the "authorities
2 found an excuse earlier then they might have found a number of others joining the protests as a result of their "shabby" treatment of a real supporter.
The renewal slip of my season ticket will be returned in the next few days with a comment on it which says that "I do not wish to renew my season ticket at present as I do not believe that the chairman and other members of the board can take East Fife Football Club forward from it's present unacceptable position. I would, however, be willing to re-consider my position, once there is evidence of changes in personnel, attitude and/or level of ambition at board room level and a move towards "real" supporter/community involvement in our club."
I suspect this will make no difference to the attitude which prevails at Bayview.
In my previous post "A Very Sad Day" I intimated that protest was not my sort of thing. Time, and the information regarding Dave Marshall has somewhat changed my view.

What it looked like from the mound was that Mackay and Brown saw Davie start to move back round and security were notified.

We all sussed out right away what was going on and it's just made the pair of them even more dislikable, if that was possible (or indeed a word!).

After the game when Tam was shouting at Davie Hamilton, all he could do was shrug and had a bemused look on his face. You can't honestly want to be associated with all this Davie.

You can still save face Davie. You and Andy Hain can still help move this Club in the right direction.

Do the right thing.

Do what's best for East Fife Football Club.

Dave Hamilton and Andy Hain were both at the Supporters Club Player Of The Year Dance tonight.

So East Fife run a promotion to encourage new fans to come along....whilst at the same time BANNING season ticket holders from entry to the ground.

You couldn't make it up.

They must be out of their tiny little minds.

Had to see this to believe it.Davie was no sooner off the mound when Kenny informed Broon,who turned round, then his "bodygaurd" went and instructed the 3 stewarts at the tunnel to stop him from getting into the ground.Derrick scores an own goal again!!!If i were inside the stadium today i would be asking my self who is acctually paying for this extra security.Broon ,out his own pocket,or the fans that paid there £9.The Marshall incident only fired up the protesters more.Dyker would prob ov went home with his season ticket still in his pocket and the security guys would not have had to put up with the protesters at the end ov the game.