Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reasons to be cheerful/tearful

Thinkin about the highs an lows of being an east fife fan after todays defeat and recent events i came up with two lists.
Great things about being a Fife fan
1.We are a huge part of scottish football history with many firsts to our name
2.the great memories of cup runs and exciting ties over the years
3.the away support we get in normal times.
4. the respect the club and its fans is held in by many neutrals.
5.the humour and enthusiasm of the fans in normal times
Shite things about being a fife fan
1. being owned by faceless nobodies and run by a bowling club comittee reject and his pals
2.the way we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot at key times e.g bottling promotion at dumbarton,going into freefall from the top of the second straight back to the third due to mr browns tightness.
3. the souless faceless f2f Stadium
4. Having to get used to life in a division we should only have ver had a fleeting experience of.
5. Having to realise how far we have fallen when our nearest competitors are Albion and Shire.

What would your list be? In these troubled times its easy to forget why we bother but my sad list highlights to me where ther real problems at the club are.

Re: Reasons to be cheerful/tearful

you lot deserve all you get,you must be the most overcritical and obnoxoius supporters that i know off and thats blasted at your own players past and present you wasted so much aggro on players past when it should have been directed at MOFFAT HESHOULD HAVE WALKED YEARS AGO the amount of players he ruined at this club was unbelievable

Explain how it's the fans problem that Moffat runined players?

Sorry, but we wanted Moffat our for a long time but again the blame for him not going lies at the feet of 1 man!

Former player yourself Rab?

Whats your goog and bad lists of supporting East Fife?
I must have missed that in your post.

What's your problem Rab? I've supported the club for nearly 40 years and some fans are ALWAYS critical of certain players and managers(Gavin Murray, Rab Shannon anyone?). Granted some have gone totally overboard on the criticism at times and have occasionally been bang out or order, but the problem at EFFC today is not past or present players or managers but rather the man who passes himself off as Chairman and the spineless lackeys and faceless nobodies (as Seasider so rightly puts it) that keep him in power.

Re: things that are good about supporting East Fife

1. plenty of spaces in the car park
2. twenty metre walk to the ground
3. programme seller always available
4. never a queue in the lounge
5. always plenty of available seats in the lounge
6. 2.58pm think about strolling to the turnstyle
7. 2.59pm get straight through the turnstyle, no waiting in a queue
8. pick from any of 950 seats which are available in the home end.
9. Always a hot pie available before 3.10pm

starting to struggle now

10. 1 in 20 chance of winning the half-time draw

Things that are bad about supporting East Fife

If I were to answer this question it would be even longer and more boring than Bob the Builders last thread about the queen, and you guys don't deserve that

PS another good thing about supporting our team. I'M ALWAYS HOME BY 4.30pm