Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Security Debacle

Derrick's increased security to handle today's bumper crowd proved to be completely inadequate. Is this a new second or third rate security company he has hired? Towards the last five minutes of the game I was able to slip the catch on one of gates in the corner, open it, no steward to be seen. Thought it might be a good idea to go hand my season ticket back to Derrick for the second time this season ( he sent it back through the post last time ). Halfway along the front of the stand I was confronted by a steward sporting a white baseball cap who invited me to leave by my means of entry. I declined and told him I was a season ticket holder ( showing him my snazzy BROWN plastic wallet containing the season ticket ). He said it didn't matter that I had a season ticket. I asked him if they weren't promoting next seasons tickets today. He said I still had to leave. More protesters then entered the gate and he ran to stop them, leaving me free to continue on my mission. As I climbed the stairs towards Derrick dressed in my MOST LOATHED T-shirt I was confronted by this shaven headed heavy ( Anton Putka it would appear )who asked me where I was going. I showed him the season ticket and told him I wanted to return it to Derrick. "I'll return it to him says he". "Who the fuck are you says I, I'll return it to him myself" then launched it at The Most Loathed. Derrick went white as he ducked from the piece of paper which still hit him on the shoulder, unfortunately I wasn't armed with an Exocet missile. You only get the security you pay for Derrick. Montrose could be dodgy next week, best go shopping at The Metro Centre again. Finally Derrick don't send the ticket back again I've no further use for it, and just for your info my car is garaged at night.

Re: Security Debacle

One of the funniest things I've seen for years. Those stewards were annoying me. Him with the white hat on and the boy wearing shirt and tie.

Why did two of then see fit to come and stand near the mound for a bit. One made his way across, stopped halfway and turned back! Snazzy headwear I must say.

Here's an open question to Derrick Brown and Anton Putka.

The security you used at Bayview today, how can you justify their actions?

What kind of security allows people to just open gates and wander and go right up to the person you're meant to be guarding in in the first place?!

What impression does it give of the club and the security firm though when one of the stewards tells a fan to "fuck off", then squares up to the fan when he tells him not to talk to him like that. The same steward then told another fan to "fuck off" and gave him the middle finger.

Are these the right minded people you're wanting to surround yourself with then Deek?

Probably the only folk he could find with a lower intelect than his own.

The same steward was heard calling the protesters "a bunch of nuggets"

When Dyker went into the ground, around 5-6 ov us stood at the gate.We WERE in the ground but were going to go OUT anyway as there was no point ov moving into the stand.At that point the security guys came in and started shouting un shoving us out the ground.Words were exchanged and when one security guy pushed a protester into me i lent my head forward in a "headbutt" action.I was about 5 yards from the guy so there was no way i was going to make contact with him especially as there was a fan infront ov me.Later when Dyker was put out the guy told him that i tried to spit at him.NO WAY!!!!Nothing but words came out my mouth.I asked a police woman to come round with me to see the guy but she just laughed and said she didn't want to take a saliva test ov me.So if the guy is reading this or his boss,theres NO WAY i would spit on you.I might be alot o things but that.NO WAY!!!!!Oh and to ALL THE PROTESTERS.According to this guy he knows every single one ov our names!!!!As a season ticket holder he prob knows mine(esp wi that camera on)but EVERY ONE!!!!!!One things fer sure,"i'll no be back till BROONS gone".