Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last Night

Thank you everyone for a most enjoyable evening.I think we can say that the latest POYD was another success.Thanks again.

Re: Last Night

Had to leave earlyish lastnight as I was working at half 5 thismorning but had a good time, well done to the organisers/players etc

Forgive me for asking a silly question but I never like to assume (you know the saying 'it makes an ass of u and me'!).

Who won the trophies?

Fortune won about 37 trophies

Player of the Year-Greig McDonald
Young Player of the Year-Stephan Fortune
Both trophies sponsored by Real Communication Ltd
Memory Corporation Player of the Year-Stephan Fortune
Young Fifers Player of the Year-Stephan Fortune
The Players presented thank-you gifts to the back room boys and girls.
Leslie Bike Shop donated a child,s bike which was bought by auction by Ritchie.
And,oh yes, the Fortune family won all the raffle prizes much to the annoyance of Scott Morrison.

Thank you Dave.

Was Greg there?

I wonder if he will win the Trust POTY. The vote will be on Thursday. IF he wins it, I wonder if the club will allow us to present it to him at Montrose.

It would make a good headline - Trust POTY (insert players name) being presented the trophy by Scooby Doo, Batman and a random Cowboy!

The random Cowboy will probably be locked in the boardroom as usual.

Kerriann
Greg was there but was in a great deal of discomfort.It says a lot about him that he managed to be there.

nothing worse than having an injury like mcdonald and having to attend this shite

The night was alright the short time I was there,apart from the buffet which was the worst we have had at any poyd or any function we have had,Mr baikie seemed to be alright I had a few words with him after Gary Kelly introduced me to him,my first impressions of him seem ok,I think he will do well.

Rab he didny have to go he probably went cos he likes the club and the fans and has responsibilities as one of our longer serving players and you my man are a bitter twisted fanny

Who was the "ladies" with the shortest skirts ever on? One was never away from the players table and the other one gave us a flash of her bum cheeks as she was standing at the bar.
Apart from that,it was a great night.

FAO Sulk
Would like to say that I am sorry if I spoiled your night - but I won't because I am not. Never in my life have I said I'm a lady. I spent a lot of the night at the players table because I know these guys and wanted to chat about something other than football with them. Over the past few months there has been a lot of pressure trying to make sure all was arranged for the night. There was a lot of work put into this. There were a few worries incase there were any hassles on the night. The fact I was given some abuse earlier in the day did not help. I do not give anybody abuse about the protests and it would be nice if the same courtesy could be extended. If my skirt was too short for you then you should have looked the other way. All I wanted to do was have a little fun. Shame if you didn't like it.

Never mind Lesley I enjoyed it as i am sure all red blooded men did. It's good to see someone letting their hair down and enjoying themselves and long may it continue.

Sulk are you gay????? or female????

Lesley,I did like it!

Wasn't how your post came across.

That was just to cover up my guilt!

Have to admit,you did indeed look rather fetching!

a well organised poyd brian and lesley have done good and there son done well selling quiz sheets

Lesley - I thought your outfit was stunning!

You r all a bunch oh dirty old men. If u think lesley n her pal were stunning u all need ur glasses cleaned. They were nothing short of lookin like slappers 4 feck sake they r in their 40s so dress like it n no like a 16 yro on the pull.

I'm one of the dirty old men as well I thought she was stunning

Kenny we all know you are a dirty old man no need to broadcast it though ha ha ha ha ha

if you knew lesley the way i know lesley.

40 goin on 15 and a nutcase to boot.

boot, boot, get it ?

think about the auld hoose lassie, the look on the face of the lassie that was wi ye was priceless, i think she was embarrassed for you.

Have you not got anything better to talk about. Loads of auld fishwives gossipping!

Come on, guys, a couple of these posts are a bit out of order.

how much was collected on sat and where is all the monies going this year