Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Youth team...

Being annoyed at watching what has been going on, I went with my mate to watch the youths recently. Has anyone seen them? They are doing the club proud. Last night they played good and have lots of players that must be coming through. I thought we had a crap youth team, what has changed?
I would say to people get along and see them before the season is over!

Re: Youth team...

Agree

I have only been to see them a couple of times but the standard of football and the commitment from all is excellent. Well worth watching.

Yes they are of a reasonable standard but are being messed about by the club. I know one of the young lads and he is becoming a bit upset with what is going on, but does want to play for the team.

i was at the cowden game against elgin on sat, as my mate is a loyal cowden supporter and i went along with him! he bought a programme n i read it! got onto the youth section, and east fife were 2nd bottom! now tht is a joke! the team cant possibly be tht bad! i know alot of the boys from the youth team from last year! im not sure were the youths have finished in the last few years but i do know it was nowhere near tht end of the league!

TSR- make yourself known then and manage the little guys!
what youths do you think would want to play for nothing and dont even know if they are wanted by DJB?

exactly expert!
go and watch them TSR ya twangkie! they have drawn with Dundee and Hamilton recently and won a few games so get that right up ye!

Isnt there 6 of them in the first team to win the Fife Cup this week as well TSR?

a maybe there is 6 of them, but its in a team who is struglin for players thru injury! plus its a new manager... has to see wot he needs to work with!

U say they drew with dundee, also says the got beat 8-0 of dundee this year!

I am not meanin to be to critical,coz i no a few of the boys who play there! n if they have any sence, they will get out n go and play junior or ams! or even back to 21;s to give them a chance!

Think baike needs to get some of his boys who are out on loan back!

is tsr just an east fife player out on loan at the moment me thinks.

talking bout east fife players out on-loan i was at a ballingry against bluebell game on friday where a number of east fife youths were playing. felt that grant mckay played well but he's a sweeper n dont know if he would fit in baikies formation? sam linton looked good when he came on as well. and the fast guy up front (fergie???) took his goal well.

what will happen to these youth players next year though?

Grant Mckay was being groomed as a right back by Jim Moffat before breaking his leg. Ballingry have been using him as a sweeper when they play a back four and a right back when they play three at the back, Rab Morris's influence as Ballingry's coach. Sam Linton has been used at center half and left back depending on the formation. John Ferguson is an out and out striker with pace and an eye for the goal although Glenrothes Juniors didn't play him. All three have been offered new contracts, but Craig Condie has went awol again.

mikey quit being bias cause granny is you're pal!!

nah, have to say, gmc is a very good player, solid in defence- would'nt surprise me in the slightest if he was in the first team next year.