Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trust motion passed

the motion (re-protests) was passed tonight, everyone voted for it with the exception of one.

Re: trust motion passed

Could you elaborate please, PC...

There was a motion put forward by a Trust member that 'the Trust supports the current campaign to bring about change in the leadership of East Fife FC'.

This was voted on by the members present and it was unanimous that the Trust should endorse the protests. The present action group will continue to organise the protests but may call on assistance from the Trust.

As a member I was very happy to see this go through. I have been impressed with the organisation of the protest so far and back the right and the aims of peaceful protests.

Black and Gold Not Brown

Aha!
Can't grumble at that. In fact, I shall endorse the protests myself.

This post is by a trust member and may or may not be the opinion of myself as an individual unless I've been drinking Williams Red beer, in which case I jolly well might have been after all...

Kerrianne, I too support peaceful protests, but there has been occasions when protesters have become rather boisterous and intimidating. I hope like you the EFFC protest is carried out without shame and egg isn,t left on ones face.

Absolutely Bert, on no account should egg be left on one's face

Who did not vote for it, and did they give a reason why they didnt

Alan Henderson.Who incidentally brought up the subject of the anonymous letter sent to Dave Montadors work?? The relevance of which confused and annoyed most of the members. I think he was intimating that someone in The Trust had done it!

Glad to see the motion was succesful
What gets me is why some people join a organization and disagree with every motion put forward
It must be a broon and hendo thing!

Everyone has an opinion and should be allowed to vote / comment on that point.

Of course Alan is entitled to his view, although I (along with the rest of the meeting) felt that his “reason” for opposing the motion was somewhat abstract. Alan mentioned the dangers of the Trust being “embarrassed”, I think most people will agree that the biggest embarrassment we face at East Fife FC is none other than Derrick Brown.

Common sense prevailed on the night however and the motion passed through without any bother. I am obviously pleased that the trust now recognises the problem at EFFC and will back us as we try to put it right.