Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OT Cant see him getting away with this (Oleg Blokhin)

Surely he'll get sanctioned for this?

Says Ukraine boss Oleg Blokhin in World Soccer:

"The more Ukranians who play in the national league, the more examples for the young generation.

"Let them learn from a Shevchenko or a Blokhin and not from some Zumba-Bumba whom they took off a tree, gave him two bananas and now he plays in the Ukrainian league."

What chance do they have when he is the national coach?? Maybe him and Luis Aragones should get together??

Re: OT Cant see him getting away with this (Oleg Blokhin)

You know, the real sad thing about that is that some people will read that and not see anything wrong with what he's said

Quite correct GoF.

A few people I regard as friends will agree 100% with him.

Given Derricks comments in the past he probably sees nothing wrong with this.

Libero

Yes. I am in the same position myself.
What do we do?

Education, education ,education.

If that doesnt work a big stick might suffice.

not very well put forward but unfortunately true and happens in almost every league in Europe, just look at our own specially with the 'auld filth'. We used to have a reasonably good national team then along comes Souness etc they brought in forgeiners giving our youngsters no chance of progressing unless they signed for 'lesser clubs'. Its not just confined to the richer clubs either and the pish they bring in is sometimes scarey. I say bring back the days of Dundee Utd and Aberdeen when leaugues were won with almost 100% home grown talent and they done well in Europe too.

b4 anyone speed reads n thinks I agree with the banana n tree statement of Oleg Blokhin, I dont