Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment

On the day of our Scottish Cuptie against Peterhead the Sun newspaper ran a token scheme which allowed a paying customer with a token to be accompanied free.The newspaper would then recompence the club,a sort of 2 for 1 offer.
On the morning of the game Derrick asked the volunteers present in the stadium to visit some of the local newsagents and buy as many copies of the Sun as they could and this was done.At least one of the shop owners were absent when their shop was visited and were more than upset to find no copies left for their regular customers.
Back in the club office the tokens were removed and filled by various members of staff.I was fully aware of what was going on but took no real part until now when I completed a few tokens using names and addresses of my family members.
When I returned home after the game I saw that someone had reported it on AFTN(Zak I believe)but was removed for lack of proof.Relief!
I have put myself under pressure for some time now to reveal what happened to demonstrate how Derrick operates and his strange hold over people,including myself,in getting them to do something they must have know was wrong.I did not,however,want to put pressure on anyone else involved until I came to the conclusion that we are all capable of knowing right from wrong.I do apologise to the people I used without their permission when I completed the tokens.
I am though, fully prepared to accept responsibility for my own involvement on the day and in this post.
I have still not convinced myselfthat I am doing the right thing for the clubs good name but I need to show everyone what has been done in the clubs name.

Re: 10.12.05

Didn`t someone contact The Sun recently about this,but were told they weren`t interested as other teams were probably doing it as well?

Hmmmmmmmmmm !

could this be more evidence for an investigation of broon under article ten ?

and not just broon now it would seem.

who all knew about this ? ,

how many other little secrets are there ? ,

and is Zak going to get an apology ? .

Get these Emails into The Sun folks.
Time's up Derrick. We've got you by the short and curlies this time.

The Sun may not be interested in investigating this but I'm sure the Daily Record would be!

And the SFA!

Dave, as you know first hand what had been going on behind the scenes I think the papers would be very interested.

It's lies, lies, all lies I tell you, lies!

I'm on my way to get ye, ya wee prick!!

I've been scanning the sun for 50 years...

At the end of the day, I've been writing Newspapers for longer than you, and if you think you are a bigger newspaper than me, you are not, you are not!

Dave, what responsibility do you think you should accept for your 'part' in this?

Firstly, how bad do you think the actions of those involved actually were? Do you think this was a serious offence, tantamount to fraud or do you think it was just a slightly underhand way of getting the club a bit of extra cash. The sort of thing which must go on at a few clubs, telling porkies about attendences etc.

If you don't think this was too serious an offence then why did you feel the need to post this after almost 4 months? If you think this was a very serious offence then what action do you think should be taken against Brown, yourself, the club and anybody else who took part?

Fritz
If you read my post carefully you will see why I took this time to speak up.
Yes I feel a wrong has been done the severity of which I leave up to the experts in the field.I would then be at the mercy of their judgement.

If it has been reported to the scum, would it have been their admin department it was reported to? Therefor, maybe a journalist hasn't been made aware of it. I am sure that someone would pick up on that story.

Also, what about the attendance figures for that game? Would they have been fiddled to claim back the money? (silly question!) I am sure that if this was brought to the attention of the high heid-yins at the SFA, they would be interested. Rule 10, is he fit and proper? Is that the kind of person they want on their committees?

It probably wasn't only done at East Fife but that's not our point is it?

You want to tell us about our chairman's "strange" hold over people, making them do terrible things against their better judgement. This is Derrick Brown we're talking about, not Derren Brown!

I was mainly wondering if you think any possible flak that Brown takes for this should extend to you?

Fritz - I hear where you are coming from, and you make valid points, but if Dave Marshall was looking for a quiet life he would not have blown the whistle here. He must be well aware of the possible consequences for himself.

However, if he is now able to say "I was wrong, I should not have done this", he has done all that a guilty party can now do. If you want to point the finger Fritz, try looking at the others who were involved but will never admit they were wrong.

My first thoughts were of the SFA's "fit and proper person" rule. The many things which Derrick has now done or alleged to have done or been party to would make a suitable dossier for passing on to the SFA.That and the very low esteem he must now be held in by the SFA would certainly warrant a more studied response than the pathetic cover up over the dual ownership issue. Which of course is back up there again come next year.

The other interested party are bound to be Her Majestys Revenue and Customs in both Rankine and Brown.

It was that long ago I forgot all about it,glad you brought it up, at the time I was not very happy but I did not go to the game as I was doing my bit for the kids of diageo as santa

What an ideal job for you Zak! Hope the suit wisnae too tight!

I accept that Rankine full stop, personally, I don't think the actions of anyone invovled in what Dave described were seriously wrong, that includes Derrick Brown and Dave Marshall.

Yes, it was a bit sneaky but I doubt many East Fife fans would bother if it did not involve Derrick Brown.

If Dave thinks that a serious offence took place and he is owning up and letting this out in the open, then fair enough, this was an honerable thing to do. However, I would question his motives if he dosen't beleive that this was a serious offence. To me it just seems like he's trying to create a 'man of the people' or 'chairman in waiting' image.

If I'm completely wrong on this one, then I apologise to Dave Marshall it just seems a bit strange to me.

Im sure Dave will accept your apology

I'm sure he will too.

Sorry

I too, am sure he will.

Eugene HELP!!

After reading the original post, perhaps Mckay and Hamilton were not the only spineless board members?

Am a bit disappointed that DM should be so easily led into commiting an act of fraud. I had thought DM would have made a good director in the new regime but after his revelation he's lost my vote.

Hang your head in shame!

Some shitstirrers (or probably only one) on this site recently.
As usual, hiding behind anonymous names.
Coward, whoever you are...

You're so right Angus or do you prefer Mr Fifer

There aren't many people on this site who don't know who angusfifer is!

I think you're mising the point Faraday

Not really, everyone knows who Angusfifer is but it's easy to post under the name 'anon'.

Think yev missed an s ?????

I don't know who he is!

I do!

sometimes Angus doesnt know himself

34 all

If you think you know everyone who writes on this forum I can assure you, you do not, you do not

Lonefifer
What you on?