Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can you spot Derrick?

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news.cfm?curpageid=1111&newsid=1799

Look on the far right. Derrick Brown collecting East Fife's "pie of the year" award.

Re: Can you spot Derrick?

Off work again deek!
The best pies in the League are on the mound!

Is that Dave Marshall behind Rowan Alexw@nker???

FFS, everybody else is collecting Manager of the Month awards and what do we show off - best pie.....and it wisnae even made by Derrick. Woe is me.

Imagine a Chairman turning up to collect the Pie of the Year Award. Cant quite imagine David Murray turning up.

By the way...was the victory down to Mrs B's secret recipe.

I bet Derrick made a wee "acceptance speech" to everyone there

"At the end of the day, I have been a pie of the year for 50 years and my crusty hard exterior compliments my mushy mincemeat center rather nicely, if you think you are going to cover me in Brown sauce and eat me then you are not, you are not...YOU ARE NOT!!!"

You're right HD, David Murray would'nt get an award for the best pie, have you tasted the pies at Ibrox, they're shite

That photo is a caption competition opportunity if ever I saw one

...it looks like someone's shrunk his heid Bettlejuice style

Jeezo, I'm cringing looking at that, even if it is a year old.

The question is though, did he really go through Edinburgh/Glasgow on a Tuesday to pick up a "Pie of the Year" award?

Whit a twit

I believe you are talking about the Bells Awards last season.They were actually held at Gleneagles Hotel.I was fortunate enough to spend a large part of the afternoon talking to Kenny Deuchar.I was stone cold sober as I was Derricks chauffeur for the day.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/scottish_football_league.cfm?curpageid=946&clubid=030

Derrick's mobile number too...

"Hello, can i speak to the Chairman/Chief Executive/Secretary/Media Liaison Officer please?"

"THIS IS NOT A ONE MAN SHOW!!!"