Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cusick and Mitchell

John Cusick and Ally Mitchell are on frees, will they be Bayview bound? I'd have them both back.

Re: Cusick and Mitchell

Mitchell must be nearing retirement age.......You'll be telling us Steve Kirk is also available on a free next

37 I think, probably just as fit as anyone we have at the moment. Are you saying you wouldn't have him?

Cusie played well for us but I think he has been a bit injury prone over the past few seasons but he might still be worth a go to get us out of this league.

Wouldnt surprise me seeing Cusick back, as Baikie took him to Cowdung when he was there.

At 37 I would have mitchell back.....great experience for the youngsters having an ex SPL player in the team

What age is Cusick ? I'd have him back in a second. He was immense for us against Hearts at Starks Park years back if I remember correctly...

Whatever happened to Brian McCloy? He was a tidy player I always thought.

Let's sign both of them. What is there to lose? Mitchell was oustanding for us before. Open the wallet Derrick and try to coax us back!

Cusick is 31, maybe 32 this year.
Never played all season, with no reserve games he found it hard to get match fit.

We've recently had the return of Herkes, Donaldson and Ross Graham, none of which worked out.
Prior to that there was the disaster that was Stuart Burgess.

Brian McLoy was playing for Lanark United this season.

The ony person who has come back to us a better player then when he left was Steve Kirk, try as I might I cant think of any other.

Stevie Nicholas was better the second (or was it third?) time round.

Did Paul Hunter have two spells at the club?

Excuse me but I beg to differ, I came back an even greater leader and if you think differently then I tell you you are wrong you are wrong.

You're right, I never thought about those two, there's probably quite a few out there that came back better second time around.

Oh well, back to the sun, too good to sit in the shade

Paul Hunter was but a shadow (though ironically a bit tubbier) of the player he was when he left to go to Hull.